PDA

View Full Version : GOM situation

flyingnomad
3rd Mar 2019, 14:52
What is the hiring field like these days in the GOM? I've been out of touch for some years and it seems the downturn may have changed some things up down there. Who are the good operators and the ones to avoid and is the GOM O&G on the up and up or is it stagnant? I read on here that Bristow may not be doing so well. I also seem to remember hearing some about PHI needing to sell their HEMS to keep their O&G ops afloat.Anyways, I'll take any intel I can get folks. Job security is the name of the game for me. Thanks

Soave_Pilot
4th Mar 2019, 11:18
What is the hiring field like these days in the GOM? I've been out of touch for some years and it seems the downturn may have changed some things up down there. Who are the good operators and the ones to avoid and is the GOM O&G on the up and up or is it stagnant? I read on here that Bristow may not be doing so well. I also seem to remember hearing some about PHI needing to sell their HEMS to keep their O&G ops afloat.Anyways, I'll take any intel I can get folks. Job security is the name of the game for me. Thanks

I’ve heard the US government is allowing well qualified pilots to work through sponsors over there due to
pilot shortage, although I only found information about this related to fixed wing airline pilots.

tottigol
4th Mar 2019, 14:57
I’ve heard the US government is allowing well qualified pilots to work through sponsors over there due to
pilot shortage, although I only found information about this related to fixed wing airline pilots.
There is no shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots.
There may be a shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots willing to work for pennies.

flyingnomad
4th Mar 2019, 17:34
There is no shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots.
There may be a shortage of qualified US helicopter pilots willing to work for pennies.
so is the GOM paying lousy or are pilots finding more security elsewhere?