PDA

View Full Version : Roster apps

Direct DIKRO
3rd Mar 2019, 07:55
Hi all,

I am just wondering what your airline’s attitude is to apps such as Roster Buster and Check My Roster?

We recieved an email virtually prohibiting their usage and sadly CMR has been forced to cease. The company I currently work for sent out an email stating they are to be introducing multi factor authentication that will prevent these apps logging into our crew portal and rostering system.

I just wonder if other airlines are likely to follow

All the best,

DD

FlightDetent
3rd Mar 2019, 08:55
It is not an airline side getting upset, but rather IT security. Allowing a third party SW to handle and store your password into company systems is a serious problem. Personally, I am on RosterBuster that has the possibility to import data manually, having extracted them first from the rostering interface.

dirk85
3rd Mar 2019, 09:30
It is not an airline side getting upset, but rather IT security. Allowing a third party SW to handle and store your password into company systems is a serious problem.Personally, I am on RosterBuster that has the possibility to import data manually, having extracted them first from the rostering interface.

We can’t do that anymore since the company interface only exports rosters in pdf format instead of HTML, also for “security” issues.