PDA

View Full Version : And the best 737 Euro contract is?

MCT SET
2nd Mar 2019, 22:56
Seen a thread on the 320 what about the 737?

Newcomer2
3rd Mar 2019, 06:52
My guess would be KLM, Transavia?
Then maybe Norwegian, or even Ryanair depending on the country?

FRogge
3rd Mar 2019, 07:50
It’s not Ryanair, for sure. Just think about the amount of people who have been there and decided to leave during the last 10 years. We’re talking about several thousands of pilots who have decided that it’s a unbearable company to work for.

BluSdUp
3rd Mar 2019, 11:57
Lets Split it in 3!
1. Pure Money : Annual wage plus ALL extra!

2. Roster : 5/4 or 5/3- 5/4 or any model thereoff WITH the chance of a 3 week family holiday June to August!

3. .General Treatment of crew! Call it Hygge Factor if You want! ( Or Uhyggelig in some Company)

I hear London crew in NOR are getting fixed 5/4 roster , is this correct?
Regards
Cpt B

Meester proach
3rd Mar 2019, 15:18
No point even mentioning NOR.
expansion stopped, deliveries deferred and an excess of pilots with several pilot bases shut.

some 737 pilots to transfer to the 787.

cant see any 73 vacancies for foreseeable future

BluSdUp
3rd Mar 2019, 19:01
MP
I beg to differ.
By next spring there is enough retired staff and folks leaving to start hiring again, Me thinks.

Vulpe1j
3rd Mar 2019, 19:40
It’s not Ryanair, for sure. Just think about the amount of people who have been there and decided to leave during the last 10 years. We’re talking about several thousands of pilots who have decided that it’s a unbearable company to work for.

I beg to differ.

I’ve been here for 18 months, and find the lifestyle with my 5/4 roster better than anything I’ve experienced before in my 33 years plus of airline flying. Don’t get me wrong, I came in with my eyes wide open, because all I’d heard in all my years flying for 2 other airlines was negatives, but I really haven’t got a bad word to say for my employer, I’ve been nothing but impressed since Day 1.

I saw a Ryanair post recently that mentioned the fact that the happy guys here don’t comment on Pprune. It’s true, these forums seem to be occupied by people with complaints or axes to grind. Believe me, the vast majority here that I’ve met are very content with their lot, but clearly don’t need to shout it from the rooftops.

So to sum up, I would highly recommend joining if you’re looking to join a 737 operator 👍🏻👍🏻

BluSdUp
3rd Mar 2019, 20:28
Sure, But You got Vulpe 1J on first try, didnt You!?

NoelEvans
5th Mar 2019, 12:36

2. Roster : 5/4 or 5/3- 5/4 or any model thereoff WITH the chance of a 3 week family holiday June to August!

3. .General Treatment of crew! ...

Week On Week Off meets “2” above (including the 3 week family holiday with ONE week leave, two weeks leave and you are OFF for 5 weeks). “3” above goes along with that quite well too.

BluSdUp
5th Mar 2019, 16:29
Noel Evans
Super Duper
I only know of one Commuter that has 7/7 and that is Widerøe in Norway ( WF)
Possibly the greatest Commuter in the world. And the money is good!

Were are You Noel, considering the thread Question?

Banana Joe
5th Mar 2019, 17:18
In the freight industry, I heard West Atlantic UK offer a 7/7 roster.

tonker
6th Mar 2019, 10:02
In the freight industry, I heard West Atlantic UK offer a 7/7 roster.

Thats Correct. Zero stress, nice crews and management (honestly) Relatively short sectors, nice hotels etc

After a decade of working for unfriendly low fares, all I can say is my pension pot might not be as big, but at least illl be around to enjoy it.

Solenoid
6th Mar 2019, 10:25
But you need to like night flying, it is not for everyone.

tonker
6th Mar 2019, 14:08
True, but I’ve never been so tired in this job, than after doing earlier to lates, off a min rest Larnaca getting in at 3am.

Some of my recent flights have got in at 1am, today 08:30. The upside of that is you go to work when it’s quiet. No traffic, holding, headings etc. I never wake up to an alarm clock. Every other person is tearing off down the road, when we get t enjoy a decent breakfast and sleep at our leisure.

Pilot1911
10th Mar 2019, 11:05
My guess would be KLM, Transavia?
Then maybe Norwegian, or even Ryanair depending on the country?

Can anyone tell me more about why KLM or Transavia would be the best? What is the pay, roster and treatment of crew like?

Meester proach
10th Mar 2019, 11:33
Wasn’t the west Atlantic pay about £60k, so in effect 7/7 is a 50% contract ?

Meester proach
10th Mar 2019, 11:34
MP
I beg to differ.
By next spring there is enough retired staff and folks leaving to start hiring again, Me thinks.

next spring ? 2020? No idea what the state of play will look like then .