PDA

View Full Version : Irish Coast Guard.

Davey Emcee
2nd Mar 2019, 08:17
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/coast-guard-cant-land-its-helicopters-on-national-childrens-hospital-roof-37870682.html

gulliBell
2nd Mar 2019, 09:13
S92 probably too heavy would be my guess. Or too much risk of blowing something over would be my other guess.

InTgreen
2nd Mar 2019, 10:20
The S-92 doesn’t have a PC1 profile for an elevated helipad within a hostile congested environment. If the weight limit was in, it could physically land on it, but not legally due to the lack of profile. Of course, a profile could be written and test flown, but all costs $$$..

Hedski
2nd Mar 2019, 11:34
But the military 139’s will continue to provide a contracted paid commercial hems and non primary med transfer service despite not being EASA compliant, legally able or even insured to do so. So rules are breakable in some cases just when it suits.

212man
2nd Mar 2019, 13:51
All that’s required is an extra graph to calculate horizontal distance to achieve Vtoss from TDP and then the existing ‘elevated helideck profile without exposure’ (PC2e) graphs could be used to fly PC1. The missing element now is the ability to demonstrate obstacle clearance because you can’t work out where to start using the climb gradient figures for the 1st and 2nd segments . I was asking for this 12 years ago for the same purpose....

TeeS
2nd Mar 2019, 14:18
.....or use a test pilot a dgps to get the figures?

TeeS