PDA

View Full Version : Nice Helicopter

GrayHorizonsHeli
1st Mar 2019, 17:21
I've never seen this model before.
I like it.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1637422/helicopters-tyre-bursts-while-landing-no-injuries

Helicopter's tyre bursts while landing, no injuries

A rainmaking helicopter carrying a cabinet minister and media members made an emergency landing in Nakhon Sawan on Friday morning, causing a tyre to burst. Nobody was injured.

The CN-235 helicopter of the Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation, carrying Agriculture Minister Grisada Boonrach and 27 other people, including ministry officials and media crews, left Don Muang at around 8am on Friday for Nakhon Sawan on a rain-making operation to combat drought.

When the plane reached the lower northern province at around 9am, a problem was detected in the electrical system while the pilot was trying to land at Nakhon Sawan airport.

The pilot had to circle in the air for three rounds before making an emergency landing. The impact caused a tyre to burst. All passengers were safe, Thai media reported.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x413/c1_1637422_620x413_c872a44e64543f255447eb88c3cd0a49b84fcc1e. jpg

A tyre of a helicopter carrying Agriculture Minister Grisada Boonrach, officials and reporters to Nakhon Sawan for rain-making operation, bursts during an emergency landing on Friday morning. Nobody is injured. (Post Today photo)

Two's in
1st Mar 2019, 21:30
FTA: The pilot had to circle in the air for three rounds before making an emergency landing.

I hope he wasn't paying for the rounds as well as flying the "helicopter".

nomorehelosforme
2nd Mar 2019, 00:00
It just shows when you have a slight bit of knowledge of a particular subject, you can debunk the content of media reports on that same subject. Like global trade, Brexit, Trump stories and anything requiring the slightest technical expertise ! pp
​​​​
Heads down and helmets ⛑ on. PP I feel some incoming after that post which may well be directed at you!