PDA

View Full Version : Belfast City Job

Tower Ranger
2nd Aug 2002, 16:01
Belfast City have an Atco vacancy and although they are looking for Twr, App + Rad ratings they will consider less qualified applicants.
(sense of humour on the pay scale front required)

PPIMan
3rd Aug 2002, 13:00
How much of a sense of humour?

I have not seen the advert yet, can you tell us the offered salary?

goatgruff
3rd Aug 2002, 14:15
Who in their right mind would want to live and work in the area?
They could pay double NATS salaries and I still wouldn't go.

I know from personal experience that the vast majority of the residents are perfectly respectable people, but until the bigots and thugs who make their lives a constant misery are removed, N.I will be a place to avoid.

Tower Ranger
3rd Aug 2002, 14:19
PPIMAN

Apparently its only gonna be advertised in local papers in N.I. and let the word spread from there. Far as the money goes don`t have exact figures ,Twr 25ish, Appr 29ish, Rad 34ish but if you`ve got the lot should be able to negotiate.

Razors Edge
3rd Aug 2002, 15:17
The bods at the city know that the only likely applicants will be Irish trying to get home - so they only need to advertise locally and wait for the brethren to hear about it from family.

No one else is likely to apply are they?:eek:

Standard Noise
4th Aug 2002, 22:26
Who's bin reading the English press too much then Goat!?

Razor, more chance that we know them, or of them, that way. Anyway, I don't think we want anyone with such a closed view of NI as Goat has.

PS My sister's husband is from Bristol, and he's p1ssed off at living in Cambridge, "full of english tw@ts", his words, not mine.
My missus hails from Coventry and loves it over here, she reckons that people are more friendly here.

Bottom line, if you haven't tried it, don't knock it and please don't say that you've "experinced" NI because of six weeks OJT at Aldergrove.

I lived in many parts of England when I was with NATS, and let me tell you, some of them were nothing to write home about!!!;) :p

Tower Ranger
4th Aug 2002, 22:41
Goatgruff

I once stayed in Redcar don`t tell me N.I. is worse than that!!

canberra
5th Aug 2002, 18:04
if you think the people in ni are bigotted try glasgow and the west of scotland!

Deeko01
5th Aug 2002, 23:58
Canberra,

Having been brought up in the west of scotland and worked for a short time in northern ireland I take offence to what you say about scots people in the west, they are no more bigoted than anyone else in this country, look at england I wish they wouldnt come across with this hollier than thou scenario, everywhere has minorities of people have one intent only and thats being an arsehole doesnt matter if your in scotland, norn irn, england or wales they all have them, to be quite honest I think you will find the friendliest people in the country are in scotland and northern ireland, I will admit to being nervous before working in ireland because what you see portrayed by the media but thats just a minority and after working there I can safely say I would work there again in a shot, they make the place feel like a home from home.

Greebson
6th Aug 2002, 07:33
Deek

That's a very bigoted opinion, how do you know canberra is from England and if you weren't inferring that then it's a very bigoted opinion you've got of Englishmen

Papa Lazarou
6th Aug 2002, 10:09
Greebson,

If you look at the bottom of his posting Canberra is from Preston! (By the way I'm NOT origionally from London)

Deeko01
6th Aug 2002, 11:18
I'm not bigoted at all greebson I cant just cant handle people who think they are better than everyone I treat everyone the way I like to be treated and thats with respect man!

Greebson
6th Aug 2002, 11:56
Deek

I know that, but, speaking as an Englishman living in the west of Scotland it just seemed like a good idea to have a cheap jibe; rather than tell canberra he was talking absolute b****cks.

Papa

I think I get your point, but my posting shows that I'm from Scotland and I'm not scottish, or do scots (irish or welsh) not settle in Preston?

Standard Noise
6th Aug 2002, 12:28
Must admit, if I wasn't living here in the Northern Protectorate, I think I'd rather be in Glasgow - blue bit , naturally.;)

surface wind
6th Aug 2002, 19:50
N.I. is not a bigotted place, it's just all those fenians that cause the trouble! :D :D

Aunt Rimmer
6th Aug 2002, 20:14
GG - Don't knock it on the basis of what you read in the Imperial English Press. I only visit occasionally, but everyone's dead friendly, up for a laugh, good craic, and not as boot faced as you get on the London underground. If someone had said 10 years ago that I'd be delighted to nip over to Belfast for a night out, I'd have said they were mad. Now I'd say they were mad not to !!

To be frank I'd be more worried in Manchester.

Anyway - 2 things I can't stand - bigots ... and Yorkshire gits :D

Standard Noise
6th Aug 2002, 21:01
Oh God, Surface Wind's been reading the Portadown News again!

Rimmer, you are mad, you missed a night out with the City crew!

Pity of it was, I went out on the 31st, but couldn't stay all night cos I was pilot scaring at 6 next morning!:(

Greebson
6th Aug 2002, 21:38
Auntie

keep that tongue to yourself you big scottish poof

gul dukat
6th Aug 2002, 23:33
Greebo ..leave that tongue alone!! oh dear god help me ...BUT !!!!!! Standard Noise is right...damn fine place to be ..although one has to tune out the nightly riots ...high car insurance....bigoted politicians and Surface Wind!!:D :D :D Having worked ALL over the UK I am glad to be here Apply!! Enjoy!! say after me Duffy Three!!!:D :D
The atco formerly known as Crotalus...with the non operational cookie!!!!

Barnaby the Bear
7th Aug 2002, 07:42
If I wasn't happy where I am now. I would certainly consider working over in NI. I have heard it is a great place to live and like any city there are places to avoid.

:D

surface wind
7th Aug 2002, 09:41
Sorry Standard Noise, just expressing my opinion as a law abiding mid Ulster protestant

If you think that I am bigotted try

Surface Wind:D http://www.portadownnews.com

canberra
7th Aug 2002, 18:17
im sorry if the truth hurts deeko1 but here are a few examples that i personally encountered in the west of scotland, and i should mention that i am part scottish and of my 23 years in the raf 14 were spent in scotland.
1, being "invited" to donate some money to the boys over the water.
2, a cpl from glasgow who reguarly stated that his ambition was to get promoted and posted to cio glasgow so that he could stop catholics joining up.
3, a bloke whose season ticket to ibrox turned up the day after rangers signed mo johnston. that season ticket was put in the bin and that guy has never set foot at ibrox since.
i could go on and on with other incidents like the fact that after every old firm games theres at least one fatal stabbing but i'll finish now.

Standard Noise
8th Aug 2002, 00:04
Surface Wind - no worries me old spud, us North Down "steel rods" are just more laid back obviously, we have to be if we're going to let McCartney represent us! (Damn, religion and politics in the same sentence, sorry Danny;) )

Canberra, on your first point, you must drink in the wrong pubs. Same thing happened to me and a few friends once in a pub in Birmingham, round Digbeth way, during an England/Ireland rugby match. The tw@ts obviously assumed we would gladly give just because one of the lads was wearing an Irish rugby top. The only English one among us whispered something along the lines of us being members of the local constabulary into the ears of the collector. He did a swift runner. Job done.

On your third point, Linfield (Irish League) signed a catholic player about the same time as Rangers, most of their supporters didn't give a toss as long as he scored every Saturday. Anyone who throws an Ibrox season ticket in the bin should be taken away by the men in white coats. He was obviously a bit of a tit.

BTW with so many people having died or been injured as a result of crowd trouble in England, I think I'd rather go to a game in Scotland.

PS Was that dear old Gul Dukat agreeing with me back there??:eek: :eek: I think I need more beer!:D

surface wind
8th Aug 2002, 11:35
My God Standard Noise, Gul Dakat agrees with you, whatever next? Does Croatalus have the same opinion? Must have been all that beer you bought him the other night :D :D

Whatever next? Maybe ringa 5 grand?

Surface Wind

Standard Noise
8th Aug 2002, 23:37
I suppose Ringa 9 is out of the question........or would I have to shell out for a double Bacardi & Coke to get something that good?;)