PDA

View Full Version : BA looking for LAEs in LHR/LGW

Long Bay Mauler
27th Feb 2019, 10:23
I just saw the advertised position for LAEs in LHR & LGW, and saw that the remuneration is £53400, rising to a whopping £55000 if you’re a good employee.

is that base before shift penalties, or an all in?

barrel
28th Feb 2019, 15:44
Hi,
This is what the advert says:

We offer a basic salary of £53,400 initially with the potential to rise to £55,000
A variety of shift patterns are available to suit your work life balance attracting competitive shift pay.

I guess it is a basic gross salary + shift bonus depending on the nights, festivities, etc that you work.

XL189
15th Mar 2019, 08:08
Has anyone seen the contract that goes with the job?

Litebulbs
15th Mar 2019, 18:32
Yep, neither good or bad. The salary is not including shift

Private jet
15th Mar 2019, 20:47
So an LAE on top money earns about the same as a year 1 First Officer. Blimey. I left in 98. Nothing changes does it?

A and C
15th Mar 2019, 22:18
Like Private Jet I left BA engineering in 91 , I was at the top of the LAE incremental scale and the lack of money was a factor in me leaving . Getting out of BA engineering was the best thing Iever did and it is a sad reflection of the quality of BA engineering managment that in thirty years they have failed to address the primary reason they are unable to retain staff.

boeing_eng
16th Mar 2019, 10:50
There's a simple reason Certifying Engineers pay across the industry continues to fail to reflect the responsibilities involved (plus the work and experience required to qualify (and keep qualified!)......Pilots generally stick together as a group and have decent unions. Engineers are a fickle bunch who often fail to consider the overall picture and will simply do what is thought best for an individual or small group. Poor Union representation where LAE's are often bundled in with a greater number of unskilled or semi-skilled trades doesn't help either!

Filler Dent
19th Mar 2019, 17:56
Couldn't agree more boeing.
I suggest https://www.prospect.org.uk/our-industries/transport/alae
- but I always get moaned at about the cost of such membership. :ugh:
Despite the excellent work they do representing our interests at EASA.

Still, you could join Unite and have your money spent on marches and campaigns that don't have the slightest impact on our industry.
And they regularly fund the Labour party to the tune of £450k each quarter.

Litebulbs
19th Mar 2019, 23:37
Yes, the £48 per year will put most into poverty. I am a member of both. There are so many layers to this, but funding the labour party is not one of them. Funding a politcal party that is named Labour, by a trade union? Do you think the Tory party is not funded by Tories? It is a bit like explaining to SOME BALPA members that BALPA is a union