PDA

View Full Version : Global Vision base training

ynos
25th Feb 2019, 09:13
Hey all

in the process of getting the Global Express (Vision) on my easa license.
Need to do the base training too, anyone have any contacts and price figures?

Thanks

C212-100
25th Feb 2019, 09:48
Hi,

I've done it through AeronautX back in 2017. They’ve arranged a TRI/E and the aircraft to lease for the effect. I believe prices were something in the region of 17500€ all together (ATO fee, TRI fee and aircraft lease).

Hope this helps.

DCThumb
25th Feb 2019, 12:56
I know a TRI with access to a 'classic' who may also be able to get a Vision for base training - if you are interested PM me and I'll contact him.

tommoutrie
28th Feb 2019, 22:58
Is there any particular reason why you couldn’t use a classic for the circuits? Many years ago I did my circuits on a classic citationjet but did my type rating on a CJ1. I am just interested in whether that was legal or do I have to hand my licence back now.

BizJetJock
1st Mar 2019, 07:17
Hi Tom,

Yes it's legal. I'm sure EASA would like to make it not so, but they had to recognise that there are many variants out there for which there is no sim. So, for example, if your airline has A321s, you still use a 320 sim as there are no 321 sims. Interestingly, in that case there is very little difference in the flight deck but I understand that the landing is quite different; compared to the Globals where the handling is identical but the flight deck layout is quite different.
See you soon!

dirk85
1st Mar 2019, 11:05
The problem being that no difference training is required between A320/321, and the type endorsed on the license is "A320", valid for 318/319/320/321, ceo and neo.
Same thing can't be said for the Global, where a difference training IS required (2 different variants) between the Classic and the Vision.
The 7500 has a different entry in your license (G7500 instead of BD-700) with a new type rating required all together.

tommoutrie
1st Mar 2019, 11:50
Yes but the differences have nothing to do with the circuits on type. So the types is BD700 for the vision and the classic so you could, I think, do your circuits on a classic. And a classic is a fair bit cheaper to rent for half an hour than a vision..

Propellerpilot
1st Mar 2019, 14:19
You need differences training to fly the other variant. Period. If you have differences training, you can fly circuits in either one.

Good Luck finding an aircraft for circuits.... I.e. why are you getting typed, if there is no gig ?

BizJetJock
3rd Mar 2019, 17:55
Yes, sorry, the Airbus was a poor example as there is no requirement for differences between the 320 & 321. The principle is correct, though, and in some ways it reinforces the point that there is no training required to fly an aircraft that handles diferently but there is for an avionics upgrade! We quite regularly do base training on variants other than the one the simulator models.

BizJetJock
3rd Mar 2019, 17:57
PP, many people need to do the base training on an aircraft other than the one they are going to fly because theirs has not been delivered yet. Simple.

Eav89
17th Mar 2024, 10:43
I know a TRI with access to a 'classic' who may also be able to get a Vision for base training - if you are interested PM me and I'll contact him.

Hi all, I am looking for access to a ‘classic’ for base training. Could anybody help me with this?

Eav89
17th Mar 2024, 11:57

Today I am also interested in base training on Global

wondering
18th Mar 2024, 02:36
Out of curiosity, isn´t any BD700 simulator ZFTT approved? Pretty standard for many airline types these days.

Eav89
18th Mar 2024, 04:15
Out of curiosity, isn´t any BD700 simulator ZFTT approved? Pretty standard for many airline types these days.

if so, I mean ZFTT approved, after training on simulator as far as I know here we are again we need a real plane for flying LFUS to complete rating, don’t we?

global2express
18th Mar 2024, 07:42
The problem is
ORA.ATO.330 General

(a) Approval for zero flight-time training (ZFTT), as specified in Part-FCL, shall only be given to ATOs that also have the privileges to conduct commercial air transport operations or ATOs having specific arrangements with commercial air transport operators.

Neither of the two big ATOs has commercial air transport operations privileges (AOC) nor airplanes, nor do they have specific arrangements with commercial air transport operators.

Eav89
18th Mar 2024, 08:06
The problem is

Neither of the two big ATOs has commercial air transport operations privileges (AOC) nor airplanes, nor do they have specific arrangements with commercial air transport operators.

so what is the way out of the situation then? Base training right? Could anybody give a reference where I can do that on BD Classic, I need ATO, TRI/E, lease aircraft.
Always appreciate your help. Thanks.

605carsten
20th Mar 2024, 22:25
You dont need an ATO.. just a TRE with the correct approval for training in aircraft. Good luck with finding somebody that will lend you their aircraft to a noob and unknown TRE. Try FAI in Germany as they always seem to be hungry for money.

605carsten
20th Mar 2024, 22:28

In EASA you need circuits to complete typerating.. in FAA you do it all in same sim, then head to airport and start one up as a private operator.. no LIFUS required unless its an AOC aircraft in either case

ATOguy
21st Mar 2024, 14:36
You dont need an ATO.. just a TRE with the correct approval for training in aircraft. Good luck with finding somebody that will lend you their aircraft to a noob and unknown TRE. Try FAI in Germany as they always seem to be hungry for money.
Sorry, this has not been true for about 10 years! You must go through either an ATO or your employer must be an AoC with base training in their Opspec.
We get about one customer a year who is having to redo their base training because someone gave them the above advice, and it was rejected by their NAA. An expensive mistake!

ATOguy
21st Mar 2024, 14:38
Sorry, this has not been true for about 10 years! You must go through either an ATO or your employer must be an AoC with base training in their Opspec.
We get about one customer a year who is having to redo their base training because someone gave them the above advice, and it was rejected by their NAA. An expensive mistake!

605carsten
22nd Mar 2024, 14:27
1 min of Googling found this:

https://aeronautx.at/de/pilotenausbildung/#Basetraining