PDA

View Full Version : IAA Class 1 Renewal Recommendations?

Countrygent
21st Feb 2019, 16:18
Hi All,

Like many, and for reasons of continued employment, I have recently transferred from a UK Issued EASA Licence to an IAA licence which came with the appropriate class 1 medical. I'm due in mid April after I suspect the UK will no longer be a member of EASA. Asking my current AME (In the UK) for clarification on the position I received the following reply:

Under current legalisation I have several pilots who fly on licences from other states. I do their medical and post off the paper to the appropriate authority, that's the way it has been for years. However there is uncertainty about how things will go after Brexit. The CAA have said they will accept medicals carried out by other states to validate UK issued licences for 2 years after Brexit. However there has been no statement as yet as to whether other states will continue to accept medicals carried out by U.K. AME's post 29th March 2019. Sorry, I know that's not ideal but is all I can tell you present.

So, needing to be organised, It looks like I need to take a trip across and would welcome any suggestions or recommendations as to who to go see, travelling from Edinburgh or Glasgow so most likely Dublin area.

Thanks in advance.

CG

Fostex
21st Feb 2019, 22:50
The official list is here,

https://www.iaa.ie/personnel-licensing/aero-medical-section/examiners

Many of the AME's certified for Class 1 renewal in Northern Ireland also do IAA renewals.

Countrygent
24th Feb 2019, 08:30
Thanks Fostex

I was able to find the official list but was more looking for a recommendation if anyone at all is able.