PDA

View Full Version : Boeing FMC / ORD

RMC
21st Feb 2019, 13:48
Had a last min runway change at ORD they sent me to the ORD VOR .....FMC didn’t recognise it....database issue or (L) VOR? Thanks in advance.

B737900er
25th Feb 2019, 09:32
Are you telling the forum or asking a question?

Just my two cents worth- if you want a question answered, at least spend a bit of time asking it properly!

aterpster
25th Feb 2019, 13:47
Had a last min runway change at ORD they sent me to the ORD VOR .....FMC didn’t recognise it....database issue or (L) VOR? Thanks in advance.
It's in Garmin's database: ORD. The fact it's an L VOR is irrelevant, at least for a complete database for that area.

MarkerInbound
26th Feb 2019, 07:27
Well technically it's the Chicago vor/GCO. If that's not your problem I don't know. I can dig it up to set the ranges for the O'Hare SID in a B744.

aterpster
26th Feb 2019, 16:04
Well technically it's the Chicago vor/GCO. If that's not your problem I don't know. I can dig it up to set the ranges for the O'Hare SID in a B744.

GCO is not in the database I have.

On the O'Hare Five is appears to be a DME facility without a VOR.

RMC
5th Mar 2019, 07:24
737-9 Everyone else seemed to understand the sentence with a question mark at the end!

flyboyike
14th Mar 2019, 01:25
They didn't send you to the VOR, they sent you direct to the airport, they should have said as much, but they like to just say direct ORD, not realizing some people take that to mean the VOR.