PDA

View Full Version : LOT Academy Polish Airlines

JakubEGSC
18th Feb 2019, 17:23
Hi guys,

Is there anyone here with any experience with LOT Academy (Polish Airlines training centre).

while doing my research to find my next FTO for my CPLMEIR, came across this establishment. I am planning to visit them in March while doing atpl exams in Warsaw.

cheers,
Jakub

popo_von_kox
19th Feb 2019, 08:09
They are 15-20% more expensive than the competition, and if I am not mistaken they are taking quite liberal approach when it comes to ME hours during IR training. Most ATOs are doing IR(SE) + ME conversion to save students money. LFA don't involve themselves in such niceties. I have no other knowledge about them, except what comes from putting data from their site into spreadsheets. And it is worth noting, that LFA is not affiliated with LOT. Technically it is just another ATO.

JakubEGSC
20th Feb 2019, 08:24
Hi,

good points #popo_von_kox To be honest I am not driven by desire to work for PLL LOT, not ruling out, but not at the top of my list.

I will have a chat with them and see if there any advantages going with them ;-)

J

vatir
20th Feb 2019, 21:44
I contacted them a few days ago and they said they only take polish students !!

RedDragonFlyer
22nd Feb 2019, 15:19
I've contacted them before and they told me they only offer courses in Polish.

I posted this on another thread a while ago, and another forum member said I was wrong.

It does, however, seem to be true.

FarewellFire
8th May 2019, 15:51
I contacted them three years ago and after a few weeks they responded. At that point they were open for non-Polish speakers but their pricing and just general lack of interest (a few weeks to respond when you are paying through your nose for training is not okay in my book) put me off and I took my business elsewhere.

JakubEGSC
8th May 2019, 16:58
Yeah, it all looks bit funny tbh. They are based in Warsaw, but operate from Piotrkow, which is absolute miles away, we say like 60miles (!) they only have 3 single engine tecnams and not sure what they use for ME. Last month two Tecnams were INOP, one caught fire the other one undercarriage collapsed, that leaves one plane 60 miles away from the office... weird.

On the other hand their MCC+JOT at sub 2000 pounds sounds interesting.

I am yet to visit them, next month may be.

pilot freak
8th May 2019, 17:19
I think they only take Polish students and compared to other flight academies they are very expensive!