PDA

View Full Version : Support for Kyneton airfield by council

mickjoebill
15th Feb 2019, 19:40
Council plans and community response (https://www.mrsc.vic.gov.au/files/assets/public/council/our-council/meeting-agendas-amp-minutes/2019/2019-agendas-minutes/section-223-committee-meeting-2018-02-20-agenda.pdf)

Kyneton airfield is being supported by local council who plan to introduce a restriction on tall trees or man made structures or equipment on adjacent private land.

mjb

Stikman
15th Feb 2019, 21:33
I'm sure Greggy, owner and manager of the Kyneton airstrip. Say NO. fb page will have something to say about this..:}

machtuk
15th Feb 2019, 21:58
I believe thru the local papers that there are only a hand full of whiners near the airfield, one of note who is a real prize idiot even going as far as displaying via large painted sign/s on a shed 'crash & die' (or words to that effect), a very angry sad individual!
Good to see a council FOR an Airfield!

Stikman
16th Feb 2019, 00:23
I believe thru the local papers that there are only a hand full of whiners near the airfield, one of note who is a real prize idiot even going as far as displaying via large painted sign/s on a shed 'crash & die' (or words to that effect), a very angry sad individual!
Good to see a council FOR an Airfield!
That would be old mate Greg. Apparently he wrote a message into his lawn with weed-killer, too..

machtuk
16th Feb 2019, 01:02
That would be old mate Greg. Apparently he wrote a message into his lawn with weed-killer, too..

Hahah that's incredible ! Kinda shows the mentality of the guy, must be the same nutter for sure:-) That airfield has been there forever, anyone buying a property in a country town or surrounding areas should be showing more due diligence before signing on the dotted line!

ACMS
16th Feb 2019, 05:28
Time to buzz the tower Goose........

Stikman
16th Feb 2019, 08:59
Hahah that's incredible ! Kinda shows the mentality of the guy, must be the same nutter for sure:-) That airfield has been there forever, anyone buying a property in a country town or surrounding areas should be showing more due diligence before signing on the dotted line!
His fb page is a laugh...all these conspiracy theories and such..
https://www.facebook.com/Kyneton-AirstripSay-NO-1580913295522574/

I learnt to fly there in 1987, and had two different instructors - David Biasabetti, and David Bird. The CFI at the time was Paul Tetly. Does anybody know where they are today?