PDA

View Full Version : Grid Navigation / Polar Stereographics Help

KandiFloss
12th Feb 2019, 19:24
I’m currently trying to prepare for my ATPL NAV exam. I would appreciate (and pay for!) tuition on Grid NAV / Polar Stereographics. Does anyone around the Chester / Manchester know of anyone who can offer this?

Thanks!

TheEdge
12th Feb 2019, 19:48
You do not need to pay anyone, just work your way through, have a look at this for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-g8LnfGsYQ

KandiFloss
12th Feb 2019, 20:55
Thanks. I met Tony when I sat my ATPLs first time round with BGS. He’s a fab tutor.

Still struggling 😩

paco
13th Feb 2019, 06:06
Generally treat it like variation. Feel free to PM.

KandiFloss
14th Feb 2019, 18:45
Sorry for not replying sooner ...

PACO - thank you. I’m fine with the ‘Polar Stereographic’ bit, I just struggle with applying Grid nav. 😖

NEGAN - you were lucky not to have any Grid nav questions! Not sure if I want to to go into an exam and take that chance ... it could be the difference between a pass / fail!

floating_rock
14th Feb 2019, 22:13
Kandi,

I'd thoroughly recommend the Gen Nav refresher weekend at BGS - my laptop almost went out the window a handful of times when trying to learn Gen Nav, and the weekend really sorted me out. Well worth the travel and cheap hotel!

Having said that, my Gen Nav exam had only 1 question on any sort of stereographic, I don't recall any grid nav, and I had 3 or 4 flight plan questions which were an easy win!

FR

cavok_flyer
18th Feb 2019, 12:49
I’m currently trying to prepare for my ATPL NAV exam. I would appreciate (and pay for!) tuition on Grid NAV / Polar Stereographics. Does anyone around the Chester / Manchester know of anyone who can offer this?

Thanks!

This video helped me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjS_MFAs8oE&t=19s&list=PLHWWgzFy7VVmyCPVC2c7NsJUuJbYK0vhB&index=3

Spidermann
20th Feb 2019, 20:07
CAT3C IBooks on Apple IBook store - same guy in the video above. Ace books. There are 5 GNAV books - the one on Charts will answer all your Grid Nav questions - hundreds of pictures.

Contact Approach
21st Feb 2019, 17:40
AFAIK grid nav will soon be removed from the gnav syllabus. Like others have said, there aren't many questions asked on it so i wouldn't place a huge amount of emphasis on it. Your efforts will be rewarded in other areas.