PDA

View Full Version : BUDAPEST AN-2s help

tophat27dt
11th Feb 2019, 20:04
I am trying to catalogue updated information on AN-2 aircraft in Europe, and I have a question about those in Budapest.
MacDonalds had (have) 3 on display at their outlets in Polas Centre (HA-MDQ) , Kerepesi (HA-MHU) and Ulloi (HA-MDK)

My confusion has come from a newly released book which suggests that HA-MDK is now at the Budapest Airport Aero Park.
If this is true what happened to the immaculate HA-YHF? Is HA-MHI still there?

If you have visited there recently (I know the Aero Park has moved to a slightly different location), I would welcome your news.
It's difficult because I dont think any of the MacDonalds machines carried registrations. Thanks.

TBSC
11th Feb 2019, 20:26
Apparently HA-MDK and HA-YHF is the same aircraft re-registered after moving to the park.
The original Malév HA-YHF (1G224-13) become OK-IMP and is supposed to somewhere isn Czech Rep. This aircraft was replicated in the Park using HA-MDK.

TBSC
11th Feb 2019, 20:30
And (just for the sake of historic precision) the location of HA-MDQ is called Polus Center.

tophat27dt
11th Feb 2019, 20:55
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I can sleep tonight now!

N707ZS
11th Feb 2019, 21:47
Are you sure the other two are still present, I hope to go to Budapest soon, it looks like the airport museum has two AN-2s and the Mc Donalds examples have gone. The one from the transport museum has also gone somewhere as that has closed.

TBSC
11th Feb 2019, 21:58
The Park at the airport has two and the other two are still on display at the McDonalds (Polus and on Kerepesi street).
A couple of examples can be seen at Budaörs airport (along with the only airworthy Li-2 of the world and some Mig-21/23s, Ka-26s etc) well worth a short visit.
Just like the aviation museum at Szolnok. Reptár - Szolnoki repül?múzeum (http://www.reptar.hu/en)

N707ZS
12th Feb 2019, 14:42
Thanks TBSC will have to try and work out the buses to go see.