PDA

View Full Version : Novice Pilot reaches Cuba by mistake

Viggen
1st Aug 2001, 12:48
Reinforcing the old adage that while takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory...eventually...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1467000/1467815.stm

Manflex55
1st Aug 2001, 13:19
I'm actually surprised he hadn't any close encounter with one or two cuban Migs before hitting the ground. These people don't like seeing light aircrafts entering their airspace without permission. Flying over Cuba, U're supposed to stick to a very specific route & U better make sure U do. I know a guy who "tested" the system in a PA28 last year. He was forced down by cuban fighters, put in jail for 48h & the a/c was searched for drugs & other stuff... "searching" (in cuban vocabulary) meaning taking everything out (seats, etc).

MF

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: Manflex55 ]

HomerSimpson
1st Aug 2001, 14:04
I guess his instructor did not emphasise that he was supposed to be doing circuits and not the cross county solo. Thats in week 3!!! :D :D :D

Sagey
1st Aug 2001, 19:19
Apparently the bloke works for pizza hut as a driver. So that is why their pizza is always cold
Did anyone see that Simpson episode when Mr Burns, Homer and Smithies flew to Cuba with a 2million dollar bill??? They had a similiar experience <g>

Sagey

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: Sagey ]