PDA

View Full Version : Cranfield - End of August

Bobby Guzzler
1st Aug 2001, 12:29
Just thought I'd get in on the Le-Slat approach!

Any one out there starting at CabAir on the 31st of August? I have been waiting for this month for ages, and I still have another 4 weeks to go - agony!

Also are there any ex-CabAir pilots about?

It would be nice to know the kind of airlines that you are working for now ( :cool: or :eek: - good or bad in other words), and how the course was!

Ennie
1st Aug 2001, 12:57
I was at Cabair in May 99 to start my course, had a great time, a few ups and downs. Great place to be, really friendly & remember "work hard play hard"! :D

You have a long slog ahead, but it's worth it.

You want it when?
1st Aug 2001, 13:11
BG - Not CabAir but in the process of doing my PPL at Cranfield so we might run into each other in the cafe. I'm the puzzeled looking chap with the very white instructor. :D

Bobby Guzzler
1st Aug 2001, 13:26
Cheers chaps! Thank goodness for that! I thought I was going to be in the dreaded 0 replies section :o

I might well see you in the cafe at Cranfield 'you want it when' - it feels wierd calling someone that! How long are you there for, can't be too long?

Thanks for the advice Ennie (the f*****g ball comment - care to elaborate?), and what type of flying are you doing now?

You want it when?
1st Aug 2001, 13:31
BG - you can call me YWIW and I fear that I will be flattening out the bumps and creases of runway 22 at Cranfield for the next couple of months at least... The ball is one of these instruments thingies that can be used to moderate the instructors breathing - too far to the left and he breathes in quickly, too far to the right and he reaches for a chute. Funny as we are only taxing....

Ennie
1st Aug 2001, 15:39
You'll find out about the ball, very important when flying a single engine NDB approach... :eek: I start a job in the next few weeks on turboprop out of LBA, enjoy Cranfield :D :D

springbok449
1st Aug 2001, 15:47
Enjoy it as Ennie said it is hard work but also lots of fun and believe it is worth it... Flying 737s now and was not sponsored.
Good luck.

airyscary
1st Aug 2001, 15:51
I'm there Aug31st! Not sure where I'm staying yet but hey! Finalising my loan today! Gave in my work notice last week! I must be mad!!! Cabair said there were about 10 people on this course at the moment, anybody else out there doing it??

Honest Frank
1st Aug 2001, 19:47
Mr Guzzler- I see you are from "Fighter-Town" in Hertfordshire. Obviously a top gun fan. Eh. Just don't emblazen "Ice man" or "Goose" on your headset.Its not big and its not clever.
Good-luck

Bobby Guzzler
2nd Aug 2001, 12:17
Honest Frank, how did you deduce that? I knew that 'fighter town' line would be a dead give away! :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be asking the tower 'permission for a fly-by' on this occasion - Who knows maybe at Heathrow in a few years time (I think not).

"Negative ghostrider, pattern is full" - it would be quite funny to get that response!

Airyscary, I'll see you there (same course as well!). Any clues as to what you look like - confidentiality and all that, I don't want to ask your real name? Is the scary part an indication as to your appearance? :eek:

2nd Aug 2001, 12:26
YAWN

airyscary
2nd Aug 2001, 12:58
Well Mr Guzzler, I'll be the bloke scratching my head not knowing what to do in the team building excercise, "this rope goes where??!!"
Is there a special Pprune handshake to use? or will we be using "the red foxes are flying over the white cliffs of dover" routine? See ya there!

2nd Aug 2001, 21:13
I always found that, "Hello, my name is *****. Did we exchange posts on pprune?", works quite well.
Followed by "So where the **** does this rope go anyways?"

Bobby Guzzler
3rd Aug 2001, 12:40
Maybe a new forum should be started 312... How do you recognise fellow ppruner's?

Is it a strictly a confidential thing, and something that you will always suspect, but never ask? ;)