PDA

View Full Version : class 1 medical mental health

John68
7th Feb 2019, 08:20
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could has had and similar situation and what the outcome was.

I currently have a Class 2 medical and I am about half way through my PPL.
I am hoping to obtain a Class 1 medical however, I have a previous diagnosis of PTSD.

I have previously taken meds and had CBT but have been symptom free for about 2years.
The traumatic experience was a near death experience when in the services.

I accept that I will most certainly be referred but was wondering iif anyone else has been though a class 1 with a previous Mental health condition and what the outcome was.

Thanks in advance

John

macdo
11th Feb 2019, 11:20
https://www.caa.co.uk/Aeromedical-Examiners/Medical-standards/Pilots-(EASA)/Conditions/Psychiatry/Psychiatry-guidance-material-GM/

Pilotbing
12th Feb 2019, 13:18
You will need a psych report before you can be issued with a class 1 medical cert. I have a similar issue. Had a class 2 re-issued 4 years ago but because I was under the doc and on meds (now just over a year ago) I need to go to Gatwick for a psych report in order to get my class 1. I've not flown since the event but in any case I need a doctor's report for re-issue of my class 2. Its very much on a case by case basis from what I've read but they are apparently very helpful. I'm starting my ATPL this year so going to need my class 1. How difficult that will be I don't know but I only took meds for 2 months (I think you need to be off meds for minimum 6 months before being considered). Will report back here as to the outcome!

You can get your class 2 by issue of a doctor's report identifying the care you received and meds you were prescribed.

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Jordan199721
25th Feb 2019, 17:10
Im in the same boat. Have a Phyc assessment in Brighton on Thursday. I’ve been symptom free for 2 years so hoping all is well. I’ll report back when I’ve been and give you a heads up as to what it’s like