PDA

View Full Version : Still Unhappy with CX?

aviationluver
4th Feb 2019, 23:24
Haven't flown professionally in a while. I'm thinking about getting back in. Does Cathay still have a very negative view with respect to working there as a pilot? Last time I checked, it was amongst the last places for pilots nowadays to apply. Pilots said HK is bad place to live. Cathay is hypersensitive and treats their pilots like garbage. B pay scale. No housing for ex-pat pilots, etc.

Has anything changed?

SOPS
5th Feb 2019, 00:05
This has to be a windup!

Flex88
5th Feb 2019, 00:18
[QUOTE=aviationluver;10380504]Haven't flown professionally in a while. I'm thinking about getting back in. Does Cathay still have a very negative view with respect to working there as a pilot? Last time I checked, it was amongst the last places for pilots nowadays to apply. Pilots said HK is bad place to live. Cathay is hypersensitive and treats their pilots like garbage. B pay scale. No housing for ex-pat pilots, etc.

Has anything changed?[/QUOTE

Shi*, that was way back in the halcyon days of years past. They want super uBer drivers now; no work no pay, garbage lifestyle with benefits to match.
Air Tajikistan is a better bet, lifestyle and otherwise ...

Will IB Fayed
5th Feb 2019, 05:38
B pay scale. No housing for ex-pat pilots, etc.

Has anything changed?
B Scale? Lol, we're down to D scale mate.

unitedabx
5th Feb 2019, 07:55
This has to be a windup!

Must be a wind up! No one could be that un-informed !

Arfur Dent
6th Feb 2019, 04:00
.....or even ill informed!

unitedabx
6th Feb 2019, 05:18
.....or even ill informed!

I stand corrected ill informed

aviationluver
18th Feb 2019, 19:29
No wind up. I've been out of commercial aviation for a few years. I hear a lot of Yanks are unhappy with foreign carriers like CX and Emirates. I'm just trying to understand why as I (used to?) like Asian and Middle East carriers over US carriers.

I still don't have a clear answer on if CX has removed their housing or housing allowance to ex-pats.

cxorcist
18th Feb 2019, 20:11
[QUOTE=aviationluver;10380504]Haven't flown professionally in a while. I'm thinking about getting back in. Does Cathay still have a very negative view with respect to working there as a pilot? Last time I checked, it was amongst the last places for pilots nowadays to apply. Pilots said HK is bad place to live. Cathay is hypersensitive and treats their pilots like garbage. B pay scale. No housing for ex-pat pilots, etc.

Has anything changed?[/QUOTE

Shi*, that was way back in the halcyon days of years past. They want super uBer drivers now; no work no pay, garbage lifestyle with benefits to match.
Air Tajikistan is a better bet, lifestyle and otherwise ...

... and now with everything on the CX iPad, pilots can drool all over those while the important stuff gets ignored, just like uber drivers taking jobs and navigating on their phones while the car swerves all over the place. iPads are a threat that requires management, especially in these early days.

Will IB Fayed
18th Feb 2019, 21:10
I still don't have a clear answer on if CX has removed their housing or housing allowance to ex-pats.

If you are happy to live in a space 4m x 5m in the slums of HK, then yes, you'll have full housing allowance!! (Google how far $14,000hkd goes toward renting an apartment)

The Range
18th Feb 2019, 23:09
If you live in the US, why don't your try to get on with a US regional and then with a major?

letsfly75
19th Feb 2019, 00:47
I think most yanks have escaped the sandbox and most of us at CX have exited, are in the process of leaving or are stuck. There are very many excellent reasons for the exodus.

azhkman
19th Feb 2019, 04:43
If you are happy to live in a space 4m x 5m in the slums of HK, then yes, you'll have full housing allowance!! (Google how far $14,000hkd goes toward renting an apartment)

4m x 5m?! Someone hit the Mark Six.... Try 4ft by 5ft with the kitchen and bathroom being the same space.

Asturias56
19th Feb 2019, 19:26
They all moan like hell ( see every thread) but stay there so it can't be that bad TBH

Kid Dynamite
19th Feb 2019, 19:47
Not as bad as Vueling!