PDA

View Full Version : Number of Job Openings for CC at UK Airlines

ask26
4th Feb 2019, 19:59
Hi All

I saw somewhere recently that BA are looking to hire 2000 Cabin Crew in 2019 - but for those of you with UK airlines, do you know how many your own company are hiring.
I'm trying to get a reasonably accurate picture of how many roles are currently available as crew in a calendar year. Are we talking 10000, 20000? or nowhere near that. I can't find anything online so was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge to work out a ballpark estimate.

Many thanks in advance.

USERNAME_
6th Feb 2019, 08:50
Hi All

I saw somewhere recently that BA are looking to hire 2000 Cabin Crew in 2019 - but for those of you with UK airlines, do you know how many your own company are hiring.
I'm trying to get a reasonably accurate picture of how many roles are currently available as crew in a calendar year. Are we talking 10000, 20000? or nowhere near that. I can't find anything online so was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge to work out a ballpark estimate.

Many thanks in advance.

Take Ryanair out of the equation as they'll screw the numbers up.
I'd say a good guess would be around 4000-4500 for all airlines in the UK combined.

ask26
6th Feb 2019, 22:38
Thanks - given BA are 2000, with Ezy bigger in bases and size - I'd have thought closer to 8-10k would have been likely. Any websites such as statista etc or articles happy to accept