Le-Slat Disagree
1st Aug 2001, 11:58
Le-Slat would like to 'Check In'!! :D

Thought I'd start our own thread.

Are we all self sponsors?

window-seat
1st Aug 2001, 14:21
Window-seat is ready for departure!!

Yep self-funded too, trying to sell everything as i speak,(well almost everything)!

Is any one thinking of driving over?? anyone want a lift? :D

VFE
1st Aug 2001, 16:02
Hey guys,

There may only be four self-sponsered places available on that course start date now. An airline is interested in the other ten. It is a secret who the airline is so I won't even bother speculating. ;)

VFE.

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: VFE ]

window-seat
1st Aug 2001, 16:20
a bit miffed at the news, I've nothing aginst the sponsored guys, infact think it is a good idea to mix classes, but a 10:4 ratio may be a little harsh! Wot u recon?

window-seat
1st Aug 2001, 16:24
Is this the start of Jerez going OAT on us self sponsored (skint to the bone)individuals? :confused:

VFE
1st Aug 2001, 21:07
I hope not Window-seat.

I too was a little miffed at the news but hey that's business isn't it?

We'll see though - I was looking forward to getting on that 1st October course and I won't be happy having to work another month in my present job so I hope they get me on it!

VFE.

FlyingGiraffe
2nd Aug 2001, 03:29
Hey guys,

I don't want to jinx my chances, but at the moment I think I'm down for the 1st October course! Haven't heard otherwise from Mary Jo...

Will be a bit of a downer to have to wait until the 29th November course if October is suddenly all booked up -- I've already taken voluntary redundancy!!

I'm going down there to nose around the college on Monday (actually taking a long weekend with a couple of mates... why not eh? ;) ) so will try to find out the gossip if there is any.

--FG

VFE
2nd Aug 2001, 14:33
It's all probably a big marketing ploy to get us to pull our fingers out! ;)

This is a Rumour network after all!

VFE.

window-seat
2nd Aug 2001, 15:56
who knows! This buisness is certainly un-predictable. Think we'd better get used to it! :eek:

Wor
2nd Aug 2001, 20:18
HI all

Just to let you know the next course according to the lit is on 29 Oct not november but I agree entirely that I really wouldn't want to do another month at work if poss, though the Money might help on those nights when we aren't working *GRIN*

Mary Jo hasn't got back to me either about whether or not I got a place, will email her 2nite.

Wor :(

window-seat
2nd Aug 2001, 20:31
Spoke to Mary-Jo today, apparently they should know tomorrow (3rd), whether or not this (secret) airline (prob BA) will be taking the 10 places on 1st Oct. The 4 self-funded places are at the moment already booked up!

Looks like another 4 weeks in the office then! :mad:

Wor
2nd Aug 2001, 20:36
Bugger !!!!!! :mad:

Wor
2nd Aug 2001, 20:44
HI Windowseat

Just to let you know Buzz fly to Jerez for £50 each way why not sell the car and buy a cheap one out there, probaly have to be a seat though!!! Ha Ha Ha

Wor :)

window-seat
2nd Aug 2001, 22:30
Hi Wor,

Yep I know, flew out there with buzz in June, not a bad service, though if you book within a month of flying, will cost around £70 (still not to bad). I am contemplating taking the car, but might (like you say), group together with a couple of you and by a cheap wreck to run around in once over there....wonder what the score with insurance, tax, mot etc is out there? (Dose anyone know)?

Hi also to Le-slat,

Looks like you might get there a month before me mate, I am awaiting my fate! (hope to find out tomorrow as I,ve already said) Cheers for the phone calls - keep in touch, will let you know what happens! ;)

catswhisker
3rd Aug 2001, 20:44
I start on Oct 29th. I'll be driving down, via Santander. (The car is already an old wreck, Window-Fiat) Anyone interested in a couple of days' drive through Spain? We could sell the very last of our possessions en route... And muster some solidarity in the face of all those airline sponions...
;)

window-seat
3rd Aug 2001, 21:57
Hi Catswhiskers,

I'm still waiting to see which course I'm on, probably 29th due to the 'ghost airline' that has blown all our self-funding plans out of the water! I two am considering driving over, which ferry route are you planning to use?

window-seat :D

ROTATION
3rd Aug 2001, 23:15
With the amount of money it cost me to bring my car out here via Bilbao (about £500 all up) I could have bought my own out here - and sold my car back home! Not counting the fact that I've got to take it back again. And if you go in on a share, things get cheaper still! Definately wish I'd left mine at home.

See you soon!!

Wor
4th Aug 2001, 04:17
Hi all

Just passed my medical!!! Only took CAA 4 days to send me the result, not bad, well done CAA...... I will be looking to purchase a car out there so anyone who wants to share pls email me, seems the best option all round, looks like I'LL BE starting on the 29th Oct as Mary Jo said they will know by the end on Month whether 'airline' will be taking up the places on Oct 1st so best to assume they will...... looks like i'll be seeing you all out there. Can't wait

A Happy Wor :p

catswhisker
4th Aug 2001, 13:14
Rotation: Blimey!

I knew it would cost a bit, but....! OK, I'll be walking. Anything Laurie Lee can do...
Wor: Wilco.

- CW

bluedragon
4th Aug 2001, 16:38
Seeing as there seem to be a few of you on your way to Jerez sometime soon, please could you let me have a phone# or email address for BAE's marketing dept - have been trying one all last week, but it just keeps on ringing! Am looking to get them to send me course details and their website doesn't seem to give out contact info! Thx.

VFE
4th Aug 2001, 17:18
BAe Jerez tel no: +34 956 317 800.
Hit 1 on your touchtone phone for sales and marketing.