PDA

View Full Version : ATPL take 2

gap
2nd Feb 2019, 09:46
Hi Folks,

Need some help please. In a nutshell, I stopped flying in 2012. I had my PPL, Night rating, ATPL theory and I was just at the end of my CPL training with a few more hours to flight test, when disaster struck on a personal level. I had to give up my dream . After getting so far I was literally heartbroken to give it all up.

Anyway, Here I am again, take 2. I've to retake the Class 1, ATPL theory, flight training, and the associated flight tests.

If someone can advise me please -
Firstly, I've got a JAR/JAA PPLwith lapsed SEP rating. Is my PPL still Valid to undertake the ATPL theory or do I need the SEP for it to be valid?

Secondly, is it possible to have some of my previous CPL hours credited towards the CPL/Multi IR flight training or will I have to start from scratch
I rang the Civil Aviation Authority but didn't get a clear answer to be honest or maybe I didnt explain myself correctly, either way maybe someone here could help.

Many Thanks

MaverickPrime
2nd Feb 2019, 10:12
Not sure about JAR/JAA licences, but you could certainly commence the ATPLs with an EASA PPL and then just renew the SEP when ready.

Banana Joe
2nd Feb 2019, 12:46
Secondly, is it possible to have some of my previous CPL hours credited towards the CPL/Multi IR flight training or will I have to start from scratch
I rang the Civil Aviation Authority but didn't get a clear answer to be honest or maybe I didnt explain myself correctly, either way maybe someone here could help.

Should be possible with after a flight evaluation with the organization you intend to do your training with.

gap
3rd Feb 2019, 17:58
Thank you MaverickPrime/ Banana Joe, I think it is an EASA PPL. although it does not say EASA, it does say (issued in accordance with ICAO and JAR-FCL standards) Joint Aviation Authority.

MaverickPrime
4th Feb 2019, 07:49
I’ve an EASA PPL, my SEP had lapsed when I sat my first 4 ATPLs, I renewed it shorty after I passed them.