PDA

View Full Version : Finally , the DREAM comes true :)

Skyking
1st Aug 2001, 11:08
Hi Everyone , like the heading says after 4 years of waiting I finally have landed a job as a Co-Joe with a company that has its own executive jet , namely a Beechcraft 400.Tell you guys what , it feels like REDEMPTION !!!
First and foremost , I THANK GOD , for he has seen me through it , always beside me and kept me from going insane.I came back from Australia in 1997 , sept 27th . I converted my license to the appropriate license in 1998 and since then the waiting began.
I tried many operators , both pax and cargo guys.I have seen my course mates and colleagues get in ahead of me.It has been very frustrating at times , more like all the time.I have been for a number of exams with a large regional operator in my country , but have never been able to get past that , as in my country , who you know and how much you are willing to pay as a bribe is what counts.I does not matter if you are an average person with average intelligence or a genius of sorts , cause the politicians are in control of it all.I feel bitter that my country has treated me like this , but it has been a learning curve which has really been UP all the way.But everytime I was down , out and in the dumps , my god and my family came to me and cheered me up.
Anyway I managed to land a job with a Handling agent as an Traffice Officer handling the Sabena Airlines flight which frequented our city on a scheduled basis . I survived on a Salary of US$160/-- per month . I managed also to complete my degree in Business admin from the university and during this time god taught me many things like patience , humility , perseverance and most important when to keep your mouth shut and when to open it. There have been many occasion when I have wanted to quit , but I knew inside I would not be able to as in my heart I knew this is what made me happy and this is what my goal has always been.I also realised , that this time of waiting on the ground has been a preparing field for me , so that when I step into a cockpit , I would be ready for what ever came at me.God taught me the things that I had not learned , especially patience , which is most important to a pilot at any stage in his career.There are so many people here on this forum that I want to thank , reddo , pterodactly , mooney , luke skytodler , judyttexas , just to name a few . To all you guys , my heart felt thanks goes out from my lile corner in the world.I would also like to thank danny and the guys at pprune , towers , scroggs etc etc who have made it possible for me to meet and learn so much from so many pilots and people around the world .

Finally to end , to all the wannabe's I will say " Just trust in god , do your bit and work hard my friends , all good things , your first job included will come to you "

God Bless and warm regards
Skyking :)
------------
:D :D :D

Crosswind Limits
1st Aug 2001, 12:05
Well done Skyking! I know a little bit about life over there and how extremely tight the aviation market can be.

Now how much did you pay them? ;)

NigelS
1st Aug 2001, 13:45
Skyking
Well done! You deserve all you have, I'm sure you will make a super FO.
I don't know how many committed Christian's we have in the profession (probably loads will come out now), but it's great to hear one here giving thanks where it's due.

Best wishes with your career and kind regards

Nigel :))

Skyking
2nd Aug 2001, 06:32
Well to be true to myself crosswinds , I paid for the job with hardship , patience , perseverance , faith , trust , family relationships and humility :) .

Warm Regards
Skyking

scroggs
2nd Aug 2001, 11:12
Well done, Skyking. Don't forget to give yourself a bit of credit here; God didn't do it all! :)

Skyking
2nd Aug 2001, 13:54
Thanks for the warm wishes and encouragement Nigels and scroggs :) .

Regards
Skyking :D :p :) :D

kangy
3rd Aug 2001, 22:05
well done skyking

whens the party?! :D

HomerSimpson
3rd Aug 2001, 22:30
Well done! Enjoy your success. ;)

redsnail
3rd Aug 2001, 22:44
Onya Skyking,