PDA

View Full Version : LTS Rant

Duchess_Driver
31st Jan 2019, 13:58
Left Hand and Right Hand again...

Being asked to certify true copy of a document. All part of the job. Except the licence is a UK EASA licence issued by the people who want me to certify it! Talk about red tape.

Rant over.

TheOddOne
31st Jan 2019, 17:16
Hi DD,

Not defending anyone but...

I'm often asked to certify documents that on the face of it have been issued by the CAA but I think the reasoning is that any updates/changes, such as dates of revalidation entered by examiners need ratification. I also think one of the problems might be that examiner returns don't get married up with licence/ratings information. There's a suspicion that all those revalidation forms we send in are just put in a great big box.
A 21st Century solution would be for examiners to be able to log in and update details on-line, like AMEs do?

TOO

TOO

Whopity
31st Jan 2019, 21:54
There's a suspicion that all those revalidation forms we send in are just put in a great big box. They are scanned and enter Gatwicks own Cloud.

TheOddOne
1st Feb 2019, 08:58
I think the point is rather do the CAA use the information to update an individual's record, thus removing the need for manual entries on a licence to be certified when submitting a licence change etc?

TOO

Duchess_Driver
2nd Feb 2019, 10:46
Appreciate that the CAA might not be as on the ball as perhaps they should be but what am I actually certifying - that I have seen a true copy of a fake document? Surely as far as licences and ratings are concerned they can check their system corresponds to what the licence or medical says better than I can.

I have no no issue with passports or IDs...