PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Pile Regulators

top-lame
31st Jan 2019, 10:04
Does anyone know if there are any Carbon Pile discs still manufactured and by whom.? These discs are wafer thin and form a stack a couple of inches long. Typically half or three quarters of an inch in dia with a spool hole in centre. They are or were used in voltage and / or frequency regulators in Electrical aircraft Inverters. I am primarily interested in American equipment such as Bendix or Jack and Heintz, but not limited to these brands.

wrench1
31st Jan 2019, 13:06
Does anyone know if there are any Carbon Pile discs still manufactured and by whom.?
I don't know the answer to your specific question but I can still get the old Bendix pile aircraft regulators overhauled when needed. These discs are a bit larger but I've seen "new" discs on several regulators I received back. There are several shops in the States that overhaul these. Perhaps you could contact one of them for a specific answer to your question. Here's one shop:
Aircraft Voltage Regulator Overhaul | Aircraft Accessories (http://aircraftaccessoriesofok.com/parts-accessories/voltage-regulator)

top-lame
7th Feb 2019, 03:21
Thanks wrench 1. Very helpful contact and more links. However it seems is you don't produce a P/No. its difficult..... I still imagine tho that there must be a factory somewhere (in the USof A) that still makes these little carbon discs. Or am I living in the past (and still enjoying it.!!)