PDA

View Full Version : just a passing comment on the I have read

Blackshirt
1st Aug 2001, 03:53
C'mon guys, let's apply a modicum of sense into this crazy little cyberworld we inhabit!!!

65k [OATS Vs ESPT etc] for the PROSPECT of an interview…do me a friggin' favour!!!

I plan to get my 35k modular APTL, instruct, or whatever to gain the prerequisite experience to get a decent job flying for Jo Acme Airlines (Holdings) Limited or whoever.

Don't get me wrong, I am ambitious. I fully plan to join Scroggs et al in the next five or ten years flying Mister & Misses Chulmay-Smithe via Condom Airlines to Barbados or wherever, but I realise that I can't walk before I can run.

The airlines are in the business of making money, and they'll only pick lo-hours pilots only if they have to operate revenue generating sectors safely as cheaply soon as possible, ie 55/65k will not influence when a vancancy APPEARS - whether you have all your hard earned dosh to assigned to B C McGuire's shady outfit or some Red Hot Dutch outfit is really quite irrelevant if you can put yourself past the 200 vs 1000 hrs debate.

Bide your time. You CAN do it. What does one month or 12 months really matter???

Don't think I am rubbing up to the moderators or something. Massive respect to them for spending a lot of their freetime working for PPRuNe, but truly, they do CHOOSE to do this. Doesn't mean you should kiss ass, and equally doesn't give you an excuse to ask dub-ass sycophant questions either, but give 'em the respect they deserve.

All I'm saying is just a little common sense. If you're really dedicated like me, you'll be thinking "What was I on…" when you're flying your A380/S**ic flyer sectors in 2015…forget getting flying a B757 in 12 months, just enjoy the thrashing noise that a Cessna 172 makes during your take off roll….

THE TRUE BEAUTY OF FLIGHT IS THAT IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS AS WE KNOW IT, EQUALLY, THE AIRLINE BUSINESS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ECONOMICS TOO!!!!!

[I'm pretty pished as I write this, so I might well edit it in the full glare of the morning sun tomorrow…]

Yours truly, Blackshirt - drink enthusiast, bar room philosopher and all-round genius.

PS as well as 45 mph reverse parking in my Fiat [trust me, I can scare you SAFELY]I also do the silkest landings known to man.

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: Blackshirt ]

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Pop ]

skysoarer
1st Aug 2001, 04:41
I'm sure after a few you'll be convinced that every landing is silky smooth and your driving is safe! I know someone like that in Swindon, but I know his driving is unsafe ... require food to concentrate on to take my mind off the road... ;)

Before you smack me one, only kidding aboot the landings/driving ...

I won't deny that some on this site seem to bounce figures like £65k around seemingly like pocket change, obviously their either (like me) a little dis-jointed mentally, have no regard for money (i.e. rich - they earn that much in interest per day), or both even.

Every now and then I sit back and think what the heck I am contemplating ... and the thought has come up more than once for a time that I'd much rather be doing glider instruction somewhere like Nevada. Probably doesn't pay that good but for being able to fly in such a nice (granted hazardous) place and gliding is such good fun anyway - what the heck! Now what kind of 'big-wings' could I buy with that £65k ...?

BTW: If I did train for ATPL I'd want a job as soon as possible to avoid paying extra for keeping it current... Ok granted unless you need an IR renewal the costs are less compared to the training...

Look forward to a reply...

Regards;

Graeme Scott

Luke SkyToddler
1st Aug 2001, 09:55
If only it were true blackshirt ...

You'll change your tune the first time you get an email from someone here on PPRuNe that you authorized to go first solo, who subsequently went to OATS and is now driving around the sky in a bloody great jet while you're still slogging it out in the Cessna. It's happened to me 3 times now :(

Truth is that airlines DO actually take on low time guys from CAP 509 outfits, straight into jobs that 1,500 hour instructors can only dream about. It only happens here in the UK, yes it's well crazy but it's their train set, they get to play with it however they like.

PPRuNe Pop
1st Aug 2001, 10:20
Blackshirt.

You will note that I have deleted your 'starred' swearing. There is no need for it, certainly not here. If your vocabluary normally has to include swearing, please do it the bar and not on PPRuNe.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]