PDA

View Full Version : Norton sudden increase in scans

Krystal n chips
26th Jan 2019, 17:24
Over the last two months Norton seems to have suddenly become, for want of a better term "over active ". I am used to the caption box appearing saying "full scan in progress " but this was previously on an intermittent basis.

Now, it's every time I boot up my machine and there's been a significant increase in the red "has fixed " etc captions, which tend to be low risk phishing cookies.

I am curious as to why Norton have suddenly, it seems, started this activity.

All suggestions welcome, bearing in mind I am not an IT "techie " , please

Guest 112233
26th Jan 2019, 19:58
I'm wondering about this too ? - I do not know what version of Windows you are using but as a Windows 8.1 User - I have not noticed a significant increase in the number of Background Scans - I have to warn you that my windows usage has gradually declined as I have changed to other operating systems. This pattern has become common for me over the last few months.

A facit of the product is that; it makes a best guess of what is happening to your network streaming - perhaps the threat level of your internet traffic: has like increased ? - Its a complex issue and I still use Norton on my Win 8.1 PC

yellowtriumph
27th Jan 2019, 09:45
You might be better placed to ask your question on the Norton Community website if you haven’t already. I use Norton on my W7 laptop and have not noticed any increase in scanning activity recently.