PDA

View Full Version : LVO ops

mudcity
26th Jan 2019, 11:09
i work for a uk carrier and am completing a project on LVO OPS in the UK......I have a question about LVO OPS and what ATC do with regard to protecting the sensitive LVP area when LVO are in force ( cat 11/111).
i understand the protection given to an arriving aircraft is that ATC will try and ensure nothing is within the protected area no later than 2nm from the touchdown zone for the arriving aircraft .....is there a restriction in terms of distance for allowing a departure with an aircraft on an LVO approach ? Or is it covered by the 2nm restriction ?
hope that makes sense
appreciate any guidance you can offer

Doody2007
26th Jan 2019, 15:07
Departing aircraft must have overflown the localiser antenna, by the time an arriving aircraft reaches 2nms from touchdown. In practice then, departing aircraft must have commenced a take off roll by the time arriving aircraft reach 6nms from touchdown.

Hope that helps.

Gonzo
27th Jan 2019, 04:20
Just be aware that each airfield might have different variations in terms of distances, not necessarily 2nm (it’s 1nm at LHR) and we don’t have any cloud criteria (i.e. cloud ceiling below 200ft, that sort of thing) for entering LVP either.

mudcity
27th Jan 2019, 07:57
Thanks ....really useful info