PDA

View Full Version : Post shifting wrong!

Steve76
1st Aug 2002, 13:40
The Nigerian post was recently moved to the African Aviation area and subsequently DIED.

I don't know why there is such a fuss made about the content in a thread.

If it relates to Helicopter pilots then why can't we discuss it where it belongs. The tread about Nigera was specifically about helo pilots in Nigera and would've given great insight to those of us who may want to go there. If its not in front of the Rotorheads community then it will not receive the comment from the helo pilots.
Are the moderators and other ppruners here so new to the industry, that they think all of us just want to talk endlessly about phase angles, who's got what helicopter, R22's and other BS that we have no control over during in our day to day lives.

Not all of us are lucky enough to have local industries in our home countries that can offer us the careers we want. Look around and see how many Kiwis and Aussies are in your neck of the woods. We don't waste our breath on this forum discussing the bloody percieved problems with Rotor systems but rather use a resource like this to attain knowledge about the worldwide industry.

Between 97 and 2000 this was a great place to chew the fat and get some good goss and info from other PROFESSIONAL pilots from some interesting areas of the world.

Notice how many of them are no longer bothering with the forum.

It has become rather juvenile in here.

SASless
1st Aug 2002, 13:59
My vote is with you Steve76.

As long as it starts with...from...or about a RotorHead....or in any way remotely concerns, interests, or is interesting enough for a Rotor Head to read it....then fair dinkum!

When it dies a natural death....it will soon drop off the board and the fresh topics will push it down to obivion.

TomBola
1st Aug 2002, 14:25
I agree. I was just getting in to that thread and when I logged on to see what had happened to it today it had just disappeared

finalchecksplease
1st Aug 2002, 14:48
He boys (and girls??) hold your horses the only thing the moderator did is post a link in the African section:
Flying in Nigeria
Anyone able to help with this thread?
Please click here.

Thanks

--------------------
So he did not move it only asked for info from people that work in those countries.
I call that good moderating not interfering

PPRuNe Radar
1st Aug 2002, 17:41
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61568

Still seems to be in this Forum as far as I can see. :rolleyes:

Check list item.... ensure foot clear before shooting ???

Steve76
1st Aug 2002, 20:53
Well its back now. It wasn't before.

Thankyou Moderators.

The point here is that most of us just simply want to go to one resource for our info. I don't read 'just helicopters' or any of the other websites and this is the only one I input to.
All my friends around the planet read this one place, so it adds a commonality to our separation as friends.

In fact there are only two places I visit on this site. Dunnunda and here. That is how busy and specific I am on what I am looking for.

Please continue to consider this and thanks for doing a thankless job....