PDA

View Full Version : WHAT!!! now pay for job applications

MeLuvUlongtime
24th Jan 2019, 15:18
First was the P2F method, now a new breed of pirates, i found these agents asking to pay for application to job. There a guy (chinese version of Eaglejet) in Taiwan, asking for a deposit of $1000usd into the agent company bank account for a job probably to Eva Air (the job subscription). these guys are worst than the Nigerian princes wishing to move money out of Nigeria using your bank account. (not being racist, i have recieved many in proposals in my email accounts)

"It is not free charge service to connect to job, you should sign service agreement with us and pay $1,000 USD by bank transfer wiring to our bank account in Taiwan, then we will arrange job interview for you, the employer will contact you directly. This is YES or NO option for service payment"

Another in Europe, ask for 75euro for the application fee.

"The client have a administration/application fee of €75 EUR that is paid by the applicant, only apply if you are willing to pay this fee, no refund if you don't get selected."

Down at the club
24th Jan 2019, 17:08
Welcome to the suck.

Airone2977
25th Jan 2019, 07:04
It is commun in Europe to pay for assesment, even AF cadet does it.
Paying or making a deposite for application pupurses is very odd, another scam I guess.
Just stay away

darkroomsource
25th Jan 2019, 07:18
This has been a standard practice in many industries for a very very very long tine... like hundreds of years.
Feel fortunate that it is only just beginning in the airline industry.
(most of the time, headhunters charge the company, but there have always been headhunter agencies that charge the individual in advance, especially when the number of openings is less than the number of applicants)

aviationfanatic
25th Jan 2019, 08:33
It is commun in Europe to pay for assesment, even AF cadet does it.
Paying or making a deposite for application pupurses is very odd, another scam I guess.
Just stay away

Hello,
Does Airfrance charge for the assessment?
Thanks

Airone2977
25th Jan 2019, 09:05
Hello,
Thanks

For the cadet YES, It is 136€, plus TOEIC test 150€ so 286€ in total
The official reason is : If you are accepted at ENAC school (same assesment process except first step which is math and physics multiple choices question), you end up AF FO, like the cadet. For ENAC school the assesment fees is 150€.
It might seems odd outside of France, but it is unthinkable here that a private airline make you pay less than a public school, for the same training and job offer. That is the reason why AF charge you more.

aviationfanatic
25th Jan 2019, 09:47
Ok thanks for the info

deepspace12
28th Jan 2019, 15:29
A hundred euros to cover administration costs charged by the actual airline is perhaps reasonable, but US$1000 to a third party... that's 99% a scam.

Rottweiler22
30th Jan 2019, 13:05
A slightly different twist to the argument. I'm by no means in favour of $1000 fees, I'm talking about a few hundred Euros like a lot of European airlines want for an application. A recruiter told me fees are a good way of separating those who want to be there, from those who are half-cocked. Sometimes people just apply for the heck of it. Or apply for the experience of an interview and assessment. Stick a €300 application on there, and chances are a time waster won't apply. So the airline is left with mostly 100% motivated applicants.

I disagree with these fees, but this is from a recruiter's perspective.

KayPam
31st Jan 2019, 22:29
Hello,
Thanks
Yes, but this is quite different.
They also need to deter the less motivated candidates.
If it was very easy to apply, you would get tens of thousands of candidates, some of which would pass the first steps by pure luck and go at the interviews totally unprepared.
Their lack of motivation and luck would be discovered at the final interview, which would be very late. And this would not be efficient at all.

For qualified pilots, it is very different. If you're a qualified pilot going to an interview, you're a credible candidate.
In my opinion they should consider sufficient the fact that the guy is traveling hundreds of kilometers to go see them.
But maybe they have a different experience, with candidates coming from across Europe, being successful, and refusing the job offer ?
A slightly different twist to the argument. I'm by no means in favour of $1000 fees, I'm talking about a few hundred Euros like a lot of European airlines want for an application. A recruiter told me fees are a good way of separating those who want to be there, from those who are half-cocked. Sometimes people just apply for the heck of it. Or apply for the experience of an interview and assessment. Stick a €300 application on there, and chances are a time waster won't apply. So the airline is left with mostly 100% motivated applicants.
Even with a 400 hundred euros total fee (160+130+class 2 medical at about 100) + requiring 2 years of college in a scientific domain or a graduate degree, AF still gets some poorishly motivated candidates.. That get eliminated at the final stages of the selection process...
I would say about 1 out of 3 candidates at the interviews is rejected because of motivation and 1 out of 3 because of personality, the last one is successful.

arthoung
11th Feb 2019, 21:01
Simple question : what airline hires now?
Vueling is full until this summer, Volotea put up to 300h min, Eurowings stopped recruitment because of Germania pilots, etc

Kranz
12th Feb 2019, 20:27
Been that way in Australia for ages...

Virgin & Cobham - pay to attend an assessment centre (just to be considered for a cadetship, let alone an actual job)
REX - flights and costs associated with attendance at three different stages of recruitment (conveniently spread across three different cities at three different times)
All Airline and Airside jobs - pay for pre-employment medicals, and drug & alcohol testing

But to the OP - yes, $1000 to a recruiter is a scam.

tzakhi
13th Feb 2019, 06:41
Demanding money for application is not something that I never heard but 1,000$ is too much. Might be scam.

flyingmed
13th Feb 2019, 08:53
Anyone who pays that fee is obviously an idiot. Just go to reputable agencies like rishworth / parc, or for the far East maybe APAS is a good place to start. Legitimate agencies earn money as 'finders fees' paid by from airlines or they are paid to look after recruitment in its entirety.
Quite a lot of airlines might ask for a fee to attend an interview, it's a pain but if you are good enough to get through then think of it as an investment.