PDA

View Full Version : Hercules Book

Lou Scannon
23rd Jan 2019, 16:49
Just been asked by an author to let the C130 guys know about a new book.
Contributions gratefully accepted to hs email address:
Here are the details for the project that I would be delighted for you to share. I have been commissioned by John Davies of Grub Street Publishing books - which I am sure you will be well-aware of - to write a first-hand history of the Hercules transport plane.Hercules Boys is scheduled for release in September next year. It will be a celebration of the people who have carried out the many missions and changes of the Hercules over the decades from its maiden RAF flight in October 1966 through to the present day. It’s not a technical book and I won’t be delving beyond what is already in the public domain. I would be delighted to hear from former pilots, navigators, engineers, ground crew and others who have been a part of its life.I also will be including interviews from former and current employees of Marshall’s ADG which is supporting the book. The book will divide into the early years starting with training at Stewart Air Force Base in the USA, humanitarian missions in the 1970s and 1980s, its record-breaking role in the Falklands, training and logistics work and the Iraq/Afghanistan period. I am also interested in less-well known missions such as Operation Khana Cascade.I will also include some other remarkable milestones such as it being the aircraft flown by the RAF’s first female pilot in an operational role from June 1991.It’s a fascinating project and I am very excited about it. I am happy to meet, write or telephone anyone who can help. Therefore, do please share my contact details. I am happy to be contacted at [email protected] and 07808 254 263

treadigraph
23rd Jan 2019, 17:07
I should imagine it will need to be a bloody big book to do the Hercules full justice!

Tiger_mate
23rd Jan 2019, 17:13
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/800x529/c130a_d8568fbee4b8ca2de5277e6db99e92857ccff989.jpg
RAF C130 artwork - Glen Coe - Scotland depicted.

Old-Duffer
23rd Jan 2019, 20:24
The RAF Historical Society are doing a one day seminar on the Hercules this autumn at the BAWA club at Filton, Bristol - should be an interesting day!

Old Duffer

ancientaviator62
24th Jan 2019, 07:20
The author might find reading the 'Hercules' thread a good primer.

Trumpet trousers
24th Jan 2019, 09:51
Will the Changi Slip get a chapter of it’s own?? 🤔