PDA

View Full Version : Fuel security compromised

kaz3g
23rd Jan 2019, 02:38
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-23/government-accused-of-doing-little-to-improve-fuel-security/10732978

machtuk
23rd Jan 2019, 03:19
Are we really that surprised? We are lucky that Australia is of no strategic value to other black nations otherwise we could be taken over at will!
Head in the sand descries our useless leaders perfectly !

LeadSled
23rd Jan 2019, 06:08
machtuk,
Only if they have fuel supplies??

Seriously, this issue has been around for a long time, neither major political party has taken it seriously, and I suppose the Watermelons think "no fuel" will cut emissions and immediately save the Great Barrier Reef, or the Lesser Green Spotted Ohmagoolies bird.

To say that the relevant "public" service departments have taken a relaxed (read ignored, despite Ministerial requests) attitude would be the understatement of the decade. (so far).

The answer, there is no short term answer, do we even have the on-shore storage capacity to achieve a 90 day capacity.

Maybe the country should buy a couple of dozen ULCCs, fill them up and turn them into a new version of "Nev's Navy" moored off the coast.
Tootle pip!!

TBM-Legend
23rd Jan 2019, 09:01
Power to Blackburn for pursuing the topic. Pox on the Canberra Fat Cats and the poxy political bosses for ignoring the problem. Remember Japan went to war when the US embargoed their oil supply. The Germans is part went down when they could no longer fuel their aircraft and panzers...

LeadSled
23rd Jan 2019, 23:23
Power to Blackburn for pursuing the topic. Pox on the Canberra Fat Cats and the poxy political bosses for ignoring the problem. Remember Japan went to war when the US embargoed their oil supply. The Germans is part went down when they could no longer fuel their aircraft and panzers...

TMB,
My dear fellow, there you go again, quoting facts.
Don't you know we live in a post factual world, where there are no immutable facts, only feelings, or at least, that is what schoolkids are being taught.
If I "feel" that a preferred enemy can conquer Australia without transport and logistics, who is to say I am wrong, as "right" and "wrong" have been superseded.
Tootle pip!!