PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Pilot Assist College?

MattyD
1st Aug 2002, 12:17
Does anyone have any opinions on Pilot Assist college? Good or bad experiences? Pros or cons of the scheme?

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Matthew Day

Cool_Hand
1st Aug 2002, 17:42
I'm in phase 2 of their ground school at the moment, all in all I'm very happy with them.

Granted, being distance learning contact is not in abundance, but for all the times I've been in touch they have been prompt in answering my questions or getting back to me if the query is more indepth, and progress tests (now being dealt with over e-mail), are sent back same day if sent early enough or next day if not with comments.

Ground school for the first seven subjects they do, see banner, were excellent, they all had excellent and knowledgable instructors and there was a good atmosphere in the school.

The thing that set them apart from the other schools for me was their commitment through until employment, maybe even beyond. I didn't come across any other school that was commited beyond obtaining the licence. Things might have changed now with regards to other schools. I also liked the idea of taking aptitude tests and gaining your class 1 before they'd accept you on their course.

The materials they use (Pooleys) are as helpful as others available but the contents are the same and it comes down to the individual and what you're comfortable with. As has always been said on this forum it's the effort the student puts in that will get them through, the school helps when you become stuck.

All in all I'm very happy with them, but have a chat with them even visit if you have the time.

Regards,

Jason Doig

aka Cool_Hand

MattyD
1st Aug 2002, 18:51
Thanks very much Jason.