PDA

View Full Version : More PPRuNe changes?

BEagle
21st Jan 2019, 19:08
Is it just me, or have the geeks been fiddling with the PPRuNe user interface again?

What's the purpose of the yellow 'subscribe' thing with the white bell icon?

Some 'quote' and 'quick reply' changes too?

MightyGem
21st Jan 2019, 19:56
With Subscribe, I think you get notifications of any replies to Threads/Topics that you Subscribe to.

IBobi
22nd Jan 2019, 17:33
With Subscribe, I think you get notifications of any replies to Threads/Topics that you Subscribe to.

Correct!!!!!!

Capn Bloggs
24th Jan 2019, 06:58
Fantastic! I previously moaned about the loss of the "return to sub-forum" button at the bottom of each thread (which then required us to scroll towards the top again to get back to the forum), and now a button has appeared on the bottom-port area of the thread so I can jump back to the sub-forum with no effort. Thanks! :D :ok:

John Eacott
4th Mar 2019, 22:16
Fantastic! I previously moaned about the loss of the "return to sub-forum" button at the bottom of each thread (which then required us to scroll towards the top again to get back to the forum), and now a button has appeared on the bottom-port area of the thread so I can jump back to the sub-forum with no effort. Thanks! :D :ok:

So you didn't see the Forum Jump selection at the bottom right which has been there since Pontius was a Pilot, and is still there? You now have two Forum Jump selections but we've lost the 'Previous Post' selection :rolleyes:

Capn Bloggs
4th Mar 2019, 23:04
Geez John, you took a grumpy pill this morning??

The "forum jump" dropdown list you mention (it's not a button) is not the same as the "return to sub-forum" button that existed before the main update but which has been reinstated.

John Eacott
5th Mar 2019, 00:01
Geez John, you took a grumpy pill this morning??

The "forum jump" dropdown list you mention (it's not a button) is not the same as the "return to sub-forum" button that existed before the main update but which has been reinstated.

:) :p

You're sort of right, but the Forum Jump defaults to the forum that you're viewing so is automatically the same function as the Return to (forum name) new selection, so we have two shortcuts doing the same.

Prior to the update there were 'previous thread/next thread' selections, nothing was reinstated. It made reading a forum with many new posts much, much easier by going forward or back or going to the forum all from the same area at the foot of the thread. Even the PPRuNe Forums home button has disappeared from the foot of the page, too. IB seem to have some strange thoughts about updates: without even mentioning yellow font on light blue background :rolleyes:

ps first coffee of the day helps, along with a snot block :cool:

Capn Bloggs
5th Mar 2019, 00:11
but the Forum Jump defaults to the forum that you're viewing so is automatically the same function as the Return to (forum name) new selection
No, apart from the fact that it miles away down on the bottom of the page in the corner, clicking on "Forum Jump" merely brings up the list of forums; if you want to stay in the current forum, it won't react when you click it in the list. It will jump to another forum, but not the current one.

That's why I cheered the reinstatement of the "return to the current sub forum" button, which had disappeared.

John Eacott
5th Mar 2019, 02:03
No, apart from the fact that it miles away down on the bottom of the page in the corner, clicking on "Forum Jump" merely brings up the list of forums; if you want to stay in the current forum, it won't react when you click it in the list. It will jump to another forum, but not the current one.

That's why I cheered the reinstatement of the "return to the current sub forum" button, which had disappeared.

“Miles away down on the bottom of the page”? It’s within an inch of the Return to Forum selection that you are so happy to see: here’s a snapshot. The new button wasn’t reinstated, it has never been there before the last IB update: there was in the middle of the bottom of the thread two hyperlinks, one to Previous thread and one to Next thread. I used them frequently.

And the Forum Jump has a ‘Go’ button to its right which, surprisingly, takes you to the selected Forum which defaults to the one you’re in. If you can’t get to the current forum there’s something at fault on your end, it’s worked that way forever on various platforms for me :ok:

LookingForAJob
12th Mar 2019, 10:37
Don’t know if it’s just me but usin the site in Safari and when looking at a multi-page thread I only have to touch the screen lightly (on the upper half, I think) and it jumps back to the preceding page. Real PITA.

Why don’t I use the app, you ask? Well I tried but it was continually crashing. I don’t use the site that much these days go a variety of reasons but this is one of them.

IBobi
12th Mar 2019, 18:00
You may want to clear your cookies and browser cache. We have no other reports of this behavior.