PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter crash in Australian High Country 19th January 2019

John Eacott
19th Jan 2019, 07:10
https://au.news.yahoo.com/three-people-survive-helicopter-crash-070959625.html

Three people survive helicopter crash in Victoria's high country

Seven Network Seven Network19 January 2019

Witnesses said they saw passengers crawling out of the wreckage, thinking it would explode.

A nice EC130, I’ve had a few hours in it. With only 3 POB the altitude at Howqua shouldn’t be a factor.

Chief galah
19th Jan 2019, 08:11
Trees John?

Evil Twin
19th Jan 2019, 08:59
Quote from the channel 7 report "Witnesses said they saw passengers crawling out of the wreckage, thinking it would explode."

Typical media sensationalist rubbish. All they had to report was "Witnesses said they saw passengers crawling out of the wreckage" but no. Won't somebody think of the children? W&nkers

Allan L
19th Jan 2019, 09:59
Maybe, but initial witness reports were also that whilst there was no fire, there was smoke coming from the heli, There also was spilt Jet A1 which had to (later) be contained and decanted. I wouldn't blame media, witnesses or the volunteer fireys for 'thinking' of what might have eventuated. PS I thought I saw on the news that the heli was carrying large ID as '316' which might indicate it was possibly part of the Vict. aerial firefighting fleet? Perhaps associated with the nearby Little Buller fire, at which some choppers have been doing night drops using Night Vision Goggles (not related to this incident which ws in mid-arvo.)
EDIT: TV News this evening says private flight, had just taken off for flight to Moorabin, only feet above ground. So not associated with firefighting ops.,

meleagertoo
19th Jan 2019, 11:58
eventuated?????!!!!???!

Evil Twin
19th Jan 2019, 13:11
Perhaps associated with the nearby Little Buller fire, at which some choppers have been doing night drops using Night Vision Goggles (not related to this incident which ws in mid-arvo.)

This is just the point. Not relevant, just pure speculation designed to provoke a reaction, you'd have a promising career in a news agency with that comment alone!