PDA

View Full Version : Dry hire of single engine for 30-50 hours around Melbourne

Okihara
17th Jan 2019, 05:17
I'm looking for someone interested in a bulk dry hire of a single engine (CSU and retractable gear a plus) deal for anywhere between 30 and 50 hours. The deal would be along the following lines: I commit to paying you a minimum of 30 hours (and up to 50 or thereabouts) at a dry airswitch rate* for the use of your aircraft by a set date (3/4 months from now). Hours short of 30, ie. not flown, will be paid at dry rate less your running costs (to be agreed upon). Also: I'm not requesting exclusive use of your aircraft and would always give sufficient notice prior to use. Expect 1/2 blocks of 10+ hours over a few days and a few smaller flights.

*That's nonnegotiable as I expect to make a lot of a stops and I hate rushing my ground time, but feel free to do your maths and top up your VDO rate.

The motivation for this idea is: I initially wanted to buy an aircraft an enjoy the benefits of ownership fully but being still a temporary resident in Australia, the pathways to acquisition for non Aussie, non PR residents are somewhat cumbersome. The trouble may just not be worth it considering that I may be moving overseas around mid 2019. In the meantime, I'd like to fly out west to the Margaret River region and up north from Melbourne.

Squawk7700
17th Jan 2019, 06:48
Hire a Cessna Aircraft Company 182P from Tooradin Airport for an hour or more using Fly Hire (http://www.flyhire.com.au/Aircraft/Cessna%20Aircraft%20Company-182P/2078)

Okihara
17th Jan 2019, 07:07
Unfortunately this Tooradin bloke never replies to my queries. Most of the Melbourne region listings on flyhire.com.au are long out of date/or remain unanswered, hence my attempt on pprune.

This is one even goes back to Sept. 2016.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/710x48/screen_shot_2019_01_17_at_19_05_35_d706a0a0c97dc5a8b0d951673 1caf03a3b38528a.png

Squawk7700
17th Jan 2019, 08:02
Unfortunately this Tooradin bloke never replies to my queries. Most of the Melbourne region listings on flyhire.com.au are long out of date/or remain unanswered, hence my attempt on pprune.

This is one even goes back to Sept. 2016.

Looks like a FlyHire issue, Simon is well and truly around and ready to take your email or call, I’ll message the details to you.

It’s done well over 100 hours in the last 6 months and has been to Alice Springs and many other places, it’s rarely home these days.

DrongoDriver
17th Jan 2019, 10:23
Would an Arrow work? PM me