PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth to Hahn flight time????

stevobeevo
1st Aug 2002, 08:55
Could anyone who has used this new service let me know how long the flight actually takes? Fr allow 1 hour 35 mins for the journey, but having flown to Dublin from BOH I know that FR over state the flying time (1 hour 10 turned out to be 55mins going out 45 mins coming back!).

I am hoping to connect with the Milan-Bergamo flight at 20.25 in Hahn, this should give me 1 hour 15mins to collect my luggage and check in, thus allowing for 30 mins before the flight departs.

Hopefully the winds will be in my favour on the outward flight and I am willing to take the risk of spending the night in a hotel etc to leave the next day. This is due to the price! £70 return inc taxes to get from BOH to Bergamo, not bad.

Thanks for any assistance received.:cool:

Number Cruncher
1st Aug 2002, 12:46
Don't know whether its of any use to you, but i flew the Stansted to Hahn Ryanair flight and the duration was under an hour (more like 50 minutes if i remember rightly?!)

I agree on the prices - that flight cost me £2.50 single!!

Iaingrant
1st Aug 2002, 18:19
i AM NOT SURE OF THE FILGHT TIME BUT PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
"RYANAIR IS STRICLY A POINT TO POINT AIRLINE. WE THEREFORE DO NOT OFFER, AND CANNOT FACLITATE, TRANSFER FOR PASSENGERS OR THEIR BAGGAGE TO OTHER FLIGHTS, WHETHER OPERATED BY RYANAIR OR OTHER CARRIERS. WE RECOMMEND THAT PASSENGERS DO NO BOOK CONNECTING FLIGHTS ON RYANAIR SERVICES. RYANAIR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR MAKING CONNECTIONS AND THEREFORE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF ANY FAILURE TO ACHIEVE A PLANNED CONNECTION."

PLEASE TAKE NOTE I HAVE SEEN SO MANY PASSENGERS MISS CONNECTIONS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONLY LEFT 1HR I WOULD ADVISE ALEAST 3HOURS

Sharjah Night Shift
2nd Aug 2002, 18:14
I flew into Hahn a few weeks ago (I was aware it is a long way from Frankfurt). Passport controll was very slow leaving us who were sitting by the overwing exits and subsequently last to get off standing outside on the ramp for 10-15 minutes as there is not a lot of queing space in the new terminal.
If you have a connection sit near the front door.

Cavemonster
2nd Aug 2002, 18:28
Have used the BOH-HHN flight several times and it's always been early on chocks at HHN. Agree about immigration being 'slow' but still only a couple of extra mins in my experience....not like 'slow' as in some USA and Indian destinations.

Am doing the BOH-HHN-Bergamo trip myself next week; will report on how it goes

Cavemonster
7th Aug 2002, 09:53
Just got back from Hahn.

All was looking good at Hurn on Monday 5th; the Ryanair -800 on the tarmac and looking good for an on-time departure. Spent the time oggling the other pax and supping a pint.

Just after the did the 'women and children first' boarding announcement there was another announcement that a crew member had gone sick. To get a replacement would take at least 90min.

Assuming that the replacement was coming from Stansted 90min in the rush hour seemed a little optimistic so my travelling companion and I attempted to return landside. This proved somewhat more complicated than we had envisaged but eventually the security people - who had been told to keep us airside - siad they would turn a blind eye and we returned to the bar.

We eventually departed 2h 30min late with the previously sick dinner lady as a passenger (she looked ok after her visit to Bournemouth General Hospital) and thus naturally we missed our next flight to Bergamo.

Arriving into Hahn much the worse for wear we staggered happily around the airfield for a while looking for a hotel that I thought I'd seen on a previous visit. Didn't find it very quickly as one of the old barrack blocks all lit up with an Esprix logo on it was not the actual hotel but an advert for it. Anyhow, had a most enjoyable 18hours or so in Hahn exploring the hardened aircraft shelters and the kebab/beer establishment where we were the only customers on two separate visits. The Sports bar is more popular.

We were unlucky that the Bournemouth-Hahn flight was delayed and whilst it's ok for us it's probably best to stick by the Ryanair connecting flight advice (i.e. don't do it) if travelling with wife & kids!

stevobeevo
10th Aug 2002, 16:01
Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Cavemonster, Sorry to hear about your Hahn stopover. I heard about that flight as one of my mums friends happened to be on it but anyhow I've bitten the bullet and my mates and I are off wednesday 28th. I'll make sure that we check in early to get a low numbered boarding card and sit as close to the front exit as possible. Fingers crossed.

FR did happen to mention in our local rag that they would link BOH to their next european base, which was likely to be an Italian airport. Maybe we'll have a direct bergamo flight soon!