PDA

View Full Version : Cairo Vehicle On The Runway EK 777 RTO

Sheikh Your Bootie
15th Jan 2019, 06:31
As reported in Avherald

Incident: Emirates B773 at Cairo on Jan 12th 2019, rejected takeoff due to unattended vehicle on runway (http://avherald.com/h?article=4c2dfb0c&opt=0)

Looks like a fun day out!

donpizmeov
15th Jan 2019, 06:58
I guess the other option to stopping would be to pull down the sunshades, flash the lights and accelerate. Works on the roads.
Well done to the crew. Would have been a few interesting moments.

nolimitholdem
15th Jan 2019, 20:44
Stories like this make me smile with faint nostalgia. Ahhh...the ME. Like Africa, except with Arabs.

Glad no one was hurt. Good job, Anonymous Crew. No doubt you will be punished for your efforts, somehow.

rog747
16th Jan 2019, 07:08
Stories like this make me smile with faint nostalgia. Ahhh...the ME. Like Africa, except with Arabs.

Glad no one was hurt. Good job, Anonymous Crew. No doubt you will be punished for your efforts, somehow.

Cairo is in Africa/Egypt is not the Middle East, and Egyptians are not actually Arabs - just saying like

shakealeg
16th Jan 2019, 08:17
Cairo is in Africa/Egypt is not the Middle East, and Egyptians are not actually Arabs - just saying like
Cairo is in Africa, it's also the capital city of The Arab Republic of Egypt ( Egypt for short) and whilst not all Egyptians are Arab they are all subjects of the above mentioned Arab republic. In modern politics it is fully aligned with the Middle East and considered as such..think Arab league, language and religion etc. Just saying like. Apologies for thread drift and I'm very glad the crew spotted the car and managed to stop.

mmmbop
17th Jan 2019, 09:15
No biggy just file an ASR and carry on.

Well, it looks like you haven't started at EK yet if you don't understand the complete naive ignorance of that statement.

LHR Rain
17th Jan 2019, 11:13
Well, it looks like you haven't started at EK yet if you don't understand the complete naive ignorance of that statement.

Go easy on Aim. He’s living the dream and so happy he’s not flying his beloved T.P.
He’ll learn just give him time.