PDA

View Full Version : UK EASA 66 licence after. March 29

Kuchan
14th Jan 2019, 12:12
Any idea of UK CAA EASA 66 aircraft maintenance licence holder working in French or EU countries after Brexit date at 29 March 2019?

Do we need to convert and to which licence in order to work abroad in EU?

Hawkeye63
14th Jan 2019, 15:04
Kuchan
The vote is tomorrow which will determine what happens next.

As I understand it - if the UK exits the EU without a deal (& assuming the EU does not implement a reciprocal two year transition period), your UK CAA part 66 licence will only entitle you only to issue CRS on UK registered aircraft after 29th March. This will remain valid for 2 years during which you will have to apply for a 'new' UK licence.
In order to issue CRS on EASA member state registered aircraft after March 29th you will require to convert your current UK licence to another member state issued licence.

Hopefully either - the deal will be voted in or, if not the EU will implement the reciprocal transition period. Fingers crossed!

Exup
14th Jan 2019, 22:19
As already mentioned at this time if a deal is not worked out you will need to have transferred by March 29th to keep certifying EU registered aircraft. If you need to do it start the process asap as it takes sometime. I maybe wrong but im sure that the UK CAA issued a statement advising to have any transfer request in to them by the start of January so I would get a move on if you need to do it.

Kuchan
15th Jan 2019, 02:27
Thanks for all info

CAA allows EASA AMEL holder to certify UK registered aircraft's for 2 years but no reciprocal action from EU yet.

CAA does not allow duo AMELs.

Is it worthwhile to transfer?

Hopefully we will get a decent pay rise and demand from non EU countries

Please keep me updated as I have hard time with France QA and DGAC who make their own rules.

Hawkeye63
15th Jan 2019, 08:29
Kuchan -
'CAA allows EASA AMEL holder to certify UK registered aircraft's for 2 years but no reciprocal action from EU yet.'
Correct. At least that is what they are saying at present. Maybe we will find out later today!

'CAA does not allow duo AMELs.'
The CAA state you will be able to hold an a 'new' type of UK licence alongside an EASA part 66 licence from an existing member state i.e. non-UK as these will no longer be recognised by EASA after 29th March.
This would entitle you to continue to certify UK registered aircraft after 29th March as well as EASA registered aircraft.

'Is it worthwhile to transfer?'
Will the EU issue a reciprocal agreement? I think they may have to but it is not yet decided. As things stand right now - you could lose the right to after 29th March.

Hopefully we will get a decent pay rise and demand from non EU countries
Nobody knows what the 'new' CAA licence criteria will be yet. It may lead to organisations in the UK driving down salaries as they won't require certifiers to hold an EASA licence.

Please keep me updated as I have hard time with France QA and DGAC who make their own rules.
Good Luck with that! Maybe they will be the next to leave the EU?

NutLoose
15th Jan 2019, 08:47
CAA does not allow duo AMELs.

Actually it does, I hold my Part 66 and also the UK Section L licence, so assuming the Part 66 UK licence becomes the new section L would and it also not be possible to hold and EASA one?

TURIN
15th Jan 2019, 09:28
If there is no deal. A UK CAA issued licence will be pointless. Until such time that an agreement between the UK CAA and other NAAs is signed.
Before EASA a CAA Section L licence was considered to be of a very high standard and getting other NAAs to accept it was reasonably straightforward. In theory we should be able to revert to that position but the machinations of politics are always difficult to predict. The world has moved on. It's a Damon mess. Good luck.

Kuchan
17th Jan 2019, 01:27
With parliament in turmoil over Brexit uncertainty, the no reciprocal from EU EASA is bound to cause chaotic last minute panic.

Needness to say, EU is as incompetent as usual to complicate any issue.

After Brexit with no deal, only 90 days max. is allowed as tourist visa.

Work permit will be a hazzle.

​​​​​More Eastern EU Personals with full several pages of aircrafts granted regardless will be flooding EU every corners.

Will UK still be employing them at £24/hr.

Cat Techie
20th Jan 2019, 21:19
If there is no deal. A UK CAA issued licence will be pointless. Until such time that an agreement between the UK CAA and other NAAs is signed.
Before EASA a CAA Section L licence was considered to be of a very high standard and getting other NAAs to accept it was reasonably straightforward. In theory we should be able to revert to that position but the machinations of politics are always difficult to predict. The world has moved on. It's a Damon mess. Good luck.
Agreed Turin.. Custer indeed. The whole Brexit custer is a BRITISH problem. So many BCAR section L guys shouting their mouths off. Slagging off European engineers as they didn't have a licence in the past etc. Guess what. Some EU engineers I know are top notch line engineers. They still get slagged off by Brits whom think they are better than they actually are. It is a custer.

easaman
1st Feb 2019, 16:16
UK-CAA Info Reminder: If you wish to continue to release EU-registered aircraft to service you will need to transfer your Part-66 Licence to another EASA member state before 29 March 2019 applications will need to be submitted to the CAA by 1 January 2019. (https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/licensed-engineers/?fbclid=IwAR11E1HBKZb_6a-4GAmdMLvmzMEF7FRg8TqGFo5Ygigw6BPd-AveDPSk6m8)