PDA

View Full Version : HF music channel frequency

Flywire123
13th Jan 2019, 14:36
anybody with a list of HF frequency's, that you can listen music on

mutt
15th Jan 2019, 14:05
I would have thought that LW would be better for music than HF.

Right Hand Thread
15th Jan 2019, 22:55
A list of HF frequency's...what, exactly?

meleagertoo
19th Jan 2019, 02:08
You'd hope that someone qualified to use an HF wouldn't need to ask such a daft question, and can only hope they don't intend to listen to it in flight...

EatMyShorts!
19th Jan 2019, 09:41
Why not? You prefer picking your nose on a 10 hour flight?

733driver
19th Jan 2019, 11:39
Why would anyone want to listen to music on HF these days when you can just feed it into your aircraft or headset from your phone?

The type I fly has an audio input to the intercom which you can set up to mute automatically when a radio call comes in.

Personally, in Europe most of the time I find it too distracting to listen to music and listen out for calls at the same time. If the music mutes when any call comes in then the music gets constantly interrupted so that takes the joy out of it as well. I like music in the background through the cabin sound system on ferry flights.

EatMyShorts!
19th Jan 2019, 15:23
Sure, but he must have his reasons why he's looking for HF stations. My headset can accept audio-in via cable and Bluetooth as well and that's just great for longer flights, even if the music continues to be played in the background at a very low level to make sure it does not disturb me. What I found out for myself is, that it rather keeps me awake and alert than just "nothing". If one feels that it is a distraction from communication then keep music off, absolutely. We are not all the same.