PDA

View Full Version : Unique USA pilot shortage proposal

Fluke
13th Jan 2019, 05:04
Can't quite see it happening here, but would bring a smile to a lot of private pilots and bean counters.

BREAKING NEWS: Regional Airlines to Allow Private Pilots Free Airfare to Fly Right Seat ? Aviation News That Matters (http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/10/breaking-news-regional-airlines-to-allow-private-pilots-free-airfare-to-fly-right-seat/)

triton140
13th Jan 2019, 05:16
Gotta be April 1 - my calendar must be broken ...

jack11111
13th Jan 2019, 05:33
Now that's a funny website!!

gerry111
13th Jan 2019, 06:19
A bit like the Betoota Advocate but for pilots. Thanks for that, Fluke!

LeadSled
13th Jan 2019, 13:33
Can't quite see it happening here, but would bring a smile to a lot of private pilots and bean counters.

BREAKING NEWS: Regional Airlines to Allow Private Pilots Free Airfare to Fly Right Seat ? Aviation News That Matters (http://aviationdaily.news/2019/01/10/breaking-news-regional-airlines-to-allow-private-pilots-free-airfare-to-fly-right-seat/)

Folks,
Everything old is new again ---- I flew RHS on a PPL, in a Bristol Freighter doing night newspaper delivery in UK in the early 1960s, all quite legal --- the system was later regularized as a "Pilot's Assistant" or some similar title operating single pilot IFR in such as small corporate jets, as a "one pilot and one assistant" crew --- the insurance companies were right on side.
Tootle pip!!

tail wheel
13th Jan 2019, 19:11
"Upon arrival at the final destination the captain will sign off the time in their logbook and give them souvenir plastic wings for their shirt."

:}

I can see CASA enthusiastically supporting and fully endorsing the proposal!

Alpha Whiskey Bravo
14th Jan 2019, 00:24
If I drive the bus to the airport also, will my bus fare be free?

megan
14th Jan 2019, 04:04
The OP's web link is having a lend. The airline has a facility on its site where you can lodge a request to take the jumpseat (ERJ 145). Requirements stated are, Only active pilots or flight dispatchers employed by other 14 CFR Part 121 carriers are eligible. If you meet these requirements proceed.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
15th Jan 2019, 06:55
LeadSled, as a humble ppl could you log any flight time in the Bristol Freighter?

in Australia wasn’t the Bristol Frightener operated single pilot with a radio operator?

Must be a story or two that you could tell us about the Bristol Freighter day’s in the UK.

LeadSled
16th Jan 2019, 01:49
LeadSled, as a humble ppl could you log any flight time in the Bristol Freighter?

in Australia wasn’t the Bristol Frightener operated single pilot with a radio operator?

Must be a story or two that you could tell us about the Bristol Freighter day’s in the UK.CLX,
Yes, P2 only, as a PPL was limited to 12,500lb.for P1/P1u/s.
Greatest icemaker I have come across, and the auto-feather system was a bleeding good reason to have an extra "appropriately trained" pair of hands.
Plenty of "real" instrument time, practice counts.
But, as a very young PPL, any flying was good, but with accumulated experience, I wouldn't no even walk under some I flew, in case they fell on me.
Tootle pip!!