PDA

View Full Version : Will I get hired????

flapsupboy
9th Jan 2019, 19:01
Will a non-EU citizen holding a residence permit to live in Europe but not citizenship get hired by an European airline,for example Ryanair.If so what are those airlines.

parkfell
9th Jan 2019, 19:53
Look at the Ryanair website as to what they require to be hired........

flyingmed
10th Jan 2019, 19:07
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x420/screenshot_20190110_195929_chrome_75c84acffc3e9a0e473c9912c7 1d1a3a16f1d3bb.jpg
If you have the right to live and work in the EU you should be fine. Your licence can be validated for ( I think) 24 months while you do European ATPL normally no extensions are given after the 24 months so therefore you would lose any job in an EU airline for that.

Then it also depends on your experience, if you are a cadet then Ryanair specifically ask for an EASA licence to apply, so I don't think the validation point would work.

flapsupboy
11th Jan 2019, 09:42
Thank you for replying flyingmed
My issue is not about the license, it is about working in another member state of the EU. My residence card(long term residence card) a.k.a Carta di Soggiorno allows me to live and work in Italy but I don't know whether it will allow me to do so in other countries.I've searched through the internet but couldn't find anything useful. And Ryanair has bases here, and I've also heard that they offer local contracts now, correct me if I'm wrong. So if they allow local contracts I will be eligible to apply right? But again since Ryanair is an Irish company will they hire me since I don't have the right to work in Ireland?
Any information will be deeply appreciated.

cavok_flyer
11th Jan 2019, 10:37
Thank you for replying flyingmed
My issue is not about the license, it is about working in another member state of the EU. My residence card(long term residence card) a.k.a Carta di Soggiorno allows me to live and work in Italy but I don't know whether it will allow me to do so in other countries.I've searched through the internet but couldn't find anything useful. And Ryanair has bases here, and I've also heard that they offer local contracts now, correct me if I'm wrong. So if they allow local contracts I will be eligible to apply right? But again since Ryanair is an Irish company will they hire me since I don't have the right to work in Ireland?
Any information will be deeply appreciated.

No chance. I have Landed Resisdent Status in Germany and a German work permit, but no chance of getting legal work outside of Germany for an extended period. I can, however, get a temporary work permit for Austria for max. 18 months. Maybe other countries offer this as well.

Jolax
11th Jan 2019, 10:44
Tharaka. No chances at all.
Apply for the Italian citizenship asap.

flapsupboy
11th Jan 2019, 17:24
Thanks jolax.Will have to wait another 3 years even though I was born here.And another 3 years after applying.Luckily I am young

flyingmed
11th Jan 2019, 17:33
Unfortunately Ryanair and other airlines usually love flexibility. I don't work for Ryanair but I would imagine they would take preference in someone who is willing and allowed to live wherever the company want them to go and work. No need to give up, I know people into their 40's who have changed careers and now successful pilots in the airlines. Good luck.

flapsupboy
11th Jan 2019, 17:58
No chance. I have Landed Resisdent Status in Germany and a German work permit, but no chance of getting legal work outside of Germany for an extended period. I can, however, get a temporary work permit for Austria for max. 18 months. Maybe other countries offer this as well.
But I guess you can apply for the German airlines

flapsupboy
11th Jan 2019, 18:11
Unfortunaktely Ryanair and other airlines usually love flexibility. I don't work for Ryanair but I would imagine they would take preference in someone who is willing and allowed to live wherever the company want them to go and work. No need to give up, I know people into their 40's who have changed careers and now successful pilots in the airlines. Good luck.

Yeah,I would work wherever they tell me to if they recruit me.Thanks for the words

Jolax
12th Jan 2019, 12:42
Thanks jolax.Will have to wait another 3 years even though I was born here.And another 3 years after applying.Luckily I am young
Tieni d'occhio i cadet program della Sri Lankan :p

flapsupboy
12th Jan 2019, 15:34
Tieni d'occhio i cadet program della Sri Lankan :p
inutile nell'applicare. Il paese e il governo sono incasinati