PDA

View Full Version : W Patterns

Apollo19
7th Jan 2019, 08:53
Is it true that the GC worked a side deal, in private, agreeing to a proposal to have 747 guys sitting reserve in anchorage and other spots, so that they (777) could get their W patterns back? The idea being this would alleviate the need for more bases.

Asking for for a friend.

unitedabx
7th Jan 2019, 09:12
Is it true that the GC worked a side deal, in private, agreeing to a proposal to have 747 guys sitting reserve in anchorage and other spots, so that they (777) could get their W patterns back? The idea being this would alleviate the need for more bases.

Asking for for a friend.

No. The AOA has been effectively removed from rostering matters. They have zero influence in that area any more.

SOPS
7th Jan 2019, 12:42
May I ask, what is a W pattern ?

Tea time
7th Jan 2019, 12:59
A W is a double long haul back to back . Say HKG-FRA-HKG-LHR-HKG followed by a few well earned days off

SOPS
7th Jan 2019, 13:12
Thanks.. I am assuming min rest in HKG?

AQIS Boigu
7th Jan 2019, 18:45
So like back in the days we let the commuters decide the outcome (where is 5-4-3?).

Tea time
7th Jan 2019, 22:31
Sadly 5.4.3 is a thing of the past . It was one rule that constrained the company from rostering unsafe patterns yet a certain set of the company voted to remove it much to the delight of the company .

RAT Management
8th Jan 2019, 05:26
W-patterns..... Ha.

Before it was back to back long haul....

Now it will be one long haul followed by a 6 day CMP integrated pattern.... You think I am joking? For those in the bus will remember long haul followed by BKK-KHI shuttle.

When they say W-patterns you think long haul back to back. But you will be in for a shock.

This is some of the sprinkles on the turd!