PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia vs Vietjet. Which one to go to and why?

denlopviper
4th Jan 2019, 17:08
Like the title says, which one and why. salary isnt the main consideration, prospects of upgrade and better career planning are.

Please dont start the oh they are both crap and why would someone goto horrible places like those.

EDIT, I am referring to Air Asia Malaysia
DV

iggy
4th Jan 2019, 20:46
Air Asia in which country are you referring to? The T&C's, benefits and company culture are quite different between Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and India.

denlopviper
4th Jan 2019, 21:29
Air Asia in which country are you referring to? The T&C's, benefits and company culture are quite different between Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and India.

I'm sorry, I meant to write AirAsia Malaysia

jetjockey696
6th Jan 2019, 04:59
I chose Air Asia...

booze
6th Jan 2019, 20:56
From what i hear by current VJ and ex-AA ppl I'd go with AA.

skyman123
18th Jan 2019, 01:54
Any idea about the recruitement process ?

thanks

denlopviper
19th Jan 2019, 16:19
AA malaysia seems like a better place to work. Unless yoyr priority is money.

thanks guys

Cool banana
20th Jan 2019, 11:05
Air Asia a better company Unless you Filipino or Eastern European and after the money, and if you have total disregard of any flight and duty limitation then Vietjet your place..

Just ask Vietjet about the aircraft that crash landed at VVBM late last year and why the insurance company is refusing to pay the 20 million usd repair bill?

Vietjet is a cesspool of corruption.

You want to be associated with a company like that.

krismiler
20th Jan 2019, 22:08
Air Asia is a more established company and KL is a better place to live than HCM city, however you mention that you are looking at an upgrade so presumably are an F/O.

There could be difficulties for a foreigner upgrading in AA as there is an obvious preference to advance locals and the immigration department may be a stumbling block. Check VERY carefully before signing up.

Despite all the negative comments above, most of which are true, VJ is probably a better place for advancement for a copilot and after a year or two in the left seat you can go anywhere. As a Captain, AA would be a better choice.

Sholayo
23rd Jan 2019, 13:19
Air Asia a better company Unless you Filipino or Eastern European

Out of curiosity - what's the issue with Eastern Europeans in Air Asia? Is this the latter 'and after the money' the case or the have something against former commies and Filipinos?
Seriously, I am curious. Answer like - 'Easterners' typically can trade worse conditions for money is also fine ;)
&

ikon757
24th Jan 2019, 11:10
I've worked in vietnam and I have seen western europeans and aussies and other nationalities also put up with the disregard you mention,so don't generalize just cause a certain group is in a majority.

newpielot
10th Feb 2019, 03:28
Out of curiosity - what's the issue with Eastern Europeans in Air Asia? Is this the latter 'and after the money' the case or the have something against former commies and Filipinos?
Seriously, I am curious. Answer like - 'Easterners' typically can trade worse conditions for money is also fine ;)
&

Yeah I also wonder about that.
I heard Air Asia pay well compared to other airlines in The Philippines. But I do wonder what career progression looks like with a limited fleet and annexes they have between each country.

a3twenty
8th Mar 2019, 06:28
Are they hiring anymore?

Che Xindamail
10th Mar 2019, 16:45
VJ is probably a better place for advancement for a copilot and after a year or two in the left seat you can go anywhere.

Anywhere? Grossly misleading, Krismiler. In view of recent incidents, any applicant from VJ will be looked at with utmost scepticism, particularly for fake hours and fake credentials. Our background checks at QR are outsourced to Hireright and they are ruthlessly efficient in digging up discrepancies.

newpielot
11th Mar 2019, 01:26
Anywhere? Grossly misleading, Krismiler. In view of recent incidents, any applicant from VJ will be looked at with utmost scepticism, particularly for fake hours and fake credentials. Our background checks at QR are outsourced to Hireright and they are ruthlessly efficient in digging up discrepancies.

Well said. I suppose budget airlines in South East Asia have very colorful backgrounds worth checking up on.

krismiler
11th Mar 2019, 22:29
Therefore if you have no discrepancies you would have no problem in passing a background check.

It would seem then that only those with fake hours, or incidents need to worry.

denlopviper
12th Mar 2019, 22:22
Thanks for all the input guys. I have settled on AirAsia over vietjet despite the lower pay and limited contract. Plan is to come back to the sandpit eventually for a wide body gig :}