PDA

View Full Version : Plane makes emergency landing at Adelaide Airport

outnabout
4th Jan 2019, 05:00
From the Daily Fail:

A plane has made an emergency landing at Adelaide Airport after smoke was seen billowing from its engine.

The private charter plane was forced to land about 8.40am shortly after taking off on Friday, the Advertiser reported.

Smoke was seen coming from the twin engine aircraft by an air traffic controller who told the pilot to turn back.

The plane landed shortly afterwards.

AmarokGTI
4th Jan 2019, 06:38
From the Daily Fail:

A plane has made an emergency landing at Adelaide Airport after smoke was seen billowing from its engine.

The private charter plane was forced to land about 8.40am shortly after taking off on Friday, the Advertiser reported.

Smoke was seen coming from the twin engine aircraft by an air traffic controller who told the pilot to turn back.

The plane landed shortly afterwards.

VH-LWO (B200). Operated by Platinum Aircraft Charter (formerly Lucas Air).

Desert Flower
4th Jan 2019, 08:58
Couldn't have been any thing too major as apparently it was back in the air again this afternoon.

DF.

Capt Fathom
5th Jan 2019, 00:55
Running a bit Rich! :}

rutan around
5th Jan 2019, 02:58
Running a bit Rich! https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

If that's the case perhaps we'll see the crew at Jabba's ENGINE MANAGEMENT SEMINAR in Redcliffe in early March.:E

Mainframe
5th Jan 2019, 03:03
PT6 pressurised oil reservoir, ensure dipstick is locked or lose the oil?

VH-MLE
5th Jan 2019, 05:06
Fuel cap not secured?

machtuk
5th Jan 2019, 07:02
PT6 pressurised oil reservoir, ensure dipstick is locked or lose the oil?

Exactly! Very messy indeed!

Adelaideflyer
27th Jan 2019, 20:57
No.3 labyrinth oil seal

Desert Flower
28th Jan 2019, 04:22
No.3 labyrinth oil seal

Number 3 what?

DF.

Bend alot
28th Jan 2019, 05:57
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth_seal

Well a quick change to fly again that arvo.

Cloudee
28th Jan 2019, 06:36
Couldn't have been any thing too major as apparently it was back in the air again this afternoon.

DF.
Better check your info. This is wrong.

Desert Flower
28th Jan 2019, 08:25
Better check your info. This is wrong.

Was told that by another pilot on the ground at YPAD who saw it. So are you saying he was seeing things?

DF.

Adelaideflyer
28th Jan 2019, 09:10
Yes, he was wrong. It didn't fly again!

Cloudee
28th Jan 2019, 09:18
Was told that by another pilot on the ground at YPAD who saw it. So are you saying he was seeing things?

DF.
Yes that's correct, I am.

pithblot
2nd Feb 2019, 01:13
Running a bit Rich!

If that's the case perhaps we'll see the crew at Jabba's ENGINE MANAGEMENT SEMINAR in Redcliffe in early March.:E

Gold.
Just wiping my coffee off the keyboard.

krismiler
2nd Feb 2019, 01:21

The Captain decides what to do in an emergency, ATC is advisory.

Awol57
2nd Feb 2019, 02:13
The Captain decides what to do in an emergency, ATC is advisory.

I am sure the journalist that wrote the article will take note of your comments here on PPRUNE

Avgas172
2nd Feb 2019, 04:26
I am sure the journalist that wrote the article will take note of your comments here on PPRUNE
gaffaw since when do journalists a) take notes b) let facts get in the way of a good story

Awol57
2nd Feb 2019, 04:51
gaffaw since when do journalists a) take notes b) let facts get in the way of a good story

That was very much my point ;)