PDA

View Full Version : Which EASA NAA to transfer to?

JulieAndrews
3rd Jan 2019, 21:04
Would be interested to hear from anyone whom has completed/completing transfer in anticipation of BREXIT bolleaux recently advised by CAA notice - good, bad, indifferent?
Turnaround times, costs etc
Thanks in advance

SFIM
3rd Jan 2019, 22:11
Your real problem is not the NAA it’s our own lovely CAA who have advertised a deadline here:
https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/commercial-pilots/
where they won’t guarantee to complete the process on time unless they have had the request from the NAA by 1st Jan, so I would be inclined to get on with it if I were you (especially if you want to fly non G-Reg)

JulieAndrews
4th Jan 2019, 09:31
Hence the request.......

SFIM
4th Jan 2019, 10:23
Ms Andrews,

My papers are with Ireland and they made the request to the UK CAA almost immediately

Aesir
4th Jan 2019, 15:56
I believe you have to live in or have an employer in the state that you wish to be in control of your EASA license!

Annex 3 1178/2011

"Pilots shall apply to the competent authority of the Member State where they reside or are established, or, if they are not residing in the territory of the Member States, where the operator for which they are flying or intend to fly has its principal place of business."

SFIM
4th Jan 2019, 21:45
Dear Mr Aesir,

your post is too selective, the bit you quote relates to a validation of a third country licence (non EASA) and is not relevant to this discussion. In fact right now Ireland are handling hundreds of transfers from the UK of people who neither live or work in Ireland.

ANNEX III

CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF LICENCES ISSUED BY OR ON BEHALF OF THIRD COUNTRIES

A. VALIDATION OF LICENCES

General

1. A pilot licence issued in compliance with the requirements of Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention by a third country may be validated by the competent authority of a Member State.

Pilots shall apply to the competent authority of the Member State where they reside or are established, or, if they are not residing in the territory of the Member States, where the operator for which they are flying or intend to fly has its principal place of business.

DonQuixote23
5th Jan 2019, 21:16
I moved my license from the UK to Sweden and I am very happy with the decision. They tend to answer emails within 10 minutes compared to 2-3 month or not at all, and I have had zero issues.

JulieAndrews
6th Jan 2019, 11:39
Thanks - all good info- no doubt there'll be some 'tales of woe' as the process extends but hopefully it'll will also uncover an efficient NAA !

muermel
6th Jan 2019, 14:10
Just a quick question, how does it work with LPCs for type ratings? I have a German issued CPLH, could a foreign TRE (EASA TRE obiously!) do my yearly checkride on the 350, 120 or 44?

Bye

SFIM
6th Jan 2019, 15:23
Mr Muermel,

thats what the examiner differences document is all about - notification procedures etc

https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Examiner%20Differences%20Document_version_10.2_2018-ORA%20V4.pdf

muermel
7th Jan 2019, 10:43
Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

hueyracer
7th Jan 2019, 15:07
Any EASA TRE can do the check.....

There is a slight difference with some Skill Tests (where the Examiner needs to be appointed by the license holders´ CAA), and other Skill Tests or Proficiency Checks...

But any EASA Examiner can do the check....