PDA

View Full Version : Son, be like me

Airtoday
31st Jul 2002, 19:30
Would you tell your son to go along that same path.(that is of course as a helicopter pilot).

Airtoday
31st Jul 2002, 20:33
I would of course say immediately

"Don't do that"

Whirlybird
31st Jul 2002, 21:45
What about your daughter?

S76Heavy
31st Jul 2002, 21:56
No, I'd tell them to make a sh*tload of money first, then go and buy their own helicopter..

SandBlaster-214
31st Jul 2002, 23:30
Hey Whirly,

I realize you're just making a point, so I won't tell ya what I'd tell my daughter.:p

C Ya

Whirlybird
1st Aug 2002, 07:45
OK Desertdude. As you probably gathered, I was merely making a point. :D

SASless
1st Aug 2002, 17:34
At an airshow in Washington State, my nephew having seen the airplanes and helicopters flying, said to me....."Gee! I want to be a helicopter pilot when I grow up!" My sister immediately looked him in the eye and said......"Son, you can't do both!" Wonder why she said that?

Airtoday
1st Aug 2002, 21:17
SASless

Your sister obviously thinks a lot of you.

I have a sister like that too.

w_ocker
1st Aug 2002, 22:11
Airtoday,

Can I have her number??:p :D

Airtoday
1st Aug 2002, 22:38
Not mine either I guess

B Sousa
1st Aug 2002, 23:56
Funny,
You know I was playing Piano in this place the other day.........What was her name??

SASless
2nd Aug 2002, 01:08
I know Bert....if yer dear ol' Mum knew the truth.....you being a helicopter pilot....why it would break the ol' dear's heart and all!

You heard about the chopper pilot coming in from the bush in Alaska...craved a very cold, dry, martini.....hit the first bar he spied outside of Merrill Field. Bartender mixed him up the finest dryest martini in all of Alaska....just as he went to take a sip...the piano players monkey slid to a stop on the bar and dunked his testys into the martini....and scooted back to the piano player. This happened three times....the pilot only wanting an unsoiled martini approached the piano player to ask him to control the monkey....said to the piano player...."Hey, you know your monkey just dunked his testys into my martini?".......the piano player turned...cocked his head a bit....said "No...but if you hum a few bars maybe I can pick it up!"

Heliport
3rd Aug 2002, 09:06
Airtoday
Just in case you're wondering why your original question didn't get many answers, we've just had a good long thread on that topic. Check out Would you be a helicopter pilot again? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=58285&referrerid=0)

Heliport

HeloTeacher
3rd Aug 2002, 09:57
I've encouraged both my daughters.

My wife threatens to leave if I don't stop.

3top
3rd Aug 2002, 20:21
My boy is already nuts about everything that moves (cars-trucks-tractors-planes-helos-boats-everything-even tools). He is 2 years and change.....

I will not particularly push him, but if it turns out it is what he wants I will support him as much as I can. Mainly to avoid the mistakes I made, so he has an easier and faster approach to a good job.

However I will only push if I see he REALLY wants to become a profesional pilot (plane or helo...). Aviation is a tough place, that needs a lot of sacrifice from family members and oneself.
So if he is not willing to sacrifice time and money himself to aviate, no sense pushing......

3top :cool:

Airtoday
5th Aug 2002, 03:18
My apologies. Should have done some research there and looked at what has gone before my arrival.

Thanks for the answers anyway. Very interesting.. I would have tried something different but without a doubt..no regrets.

Airtoday
5th Aug 2002, 03:19
Not too many anyway