PDA

View Full Version : What's become of navigeo.org?

Jan Olieslagers
29th Dec 2018, 16:15
What's become of navigeo.org? It was a neat website with a list of aerodromes in France, very complete with even links to their "cartes VAC". I understand it was created as a successor to nav2000. But it has been unavailable for several months now, what happened? Is there a successor?

I know about basulm.ffplum.fr , where a lot of aerodrome info can be found, but not the "cartes VAC" I think; and I miss the "quick and dirty" flight planner that navigeo.org provided. Yes yes, I have a subscription to SkyDemon, but that will not run on my Linux pc, only on Android or Windows. Shame on them!

Maoraigh1
29th Dec 2018, 19:43
"I have a subscription to SkyDemon, but that will not run on my Linux pc"Not surprising. Penguins can't fly.:)

Jan Olieslagers
30th Dec 2018, 08:08
Not a good comparison: the non-availability for Linux is solely a matter of priorities with the developers. Yes, I inquired.

patowalker
30th Dec 2018, 14:16
Jan,

You can access VAC in BASULM. On the airfield page tap on the DGAC logo in the top right hand corner.

Jonzarno
30th Dec 2018, 17:29
"I have a subscription to SkyDemon, but that will not run on my Linux pc"Not surprising. Penguins can't fly.:)

Doesn’t work on my CP/M micro either...... :{ :)

Jan Olieslagers
30th Dec 2018, 17:39
@Patowalker: that's new to me, will check it out. Thanks for a useful reply! Still, it leaves me wanting a quick easy way to plot the rough idea of a potential trip.

@Jonzarno: my sincere sympathy - but I do have some scripting that will (under certain conditions like full moon and/or spring tide) produce a plog in postscript - could come in useful on your thermal wax colour printer, couldn't it? It does, though, rely on a fairly recent version of awk - what's the latest on CP/M?