PDA

View Full Version : EK scheduling rumor

Rainman7
23rd Dec 2018, 12:26
Heard that some of the EK scheduling Mafai have been been busted for taking bribes, hence some of the possible reason for the horrendous schedules for some, while others continue to get choice trips/days off, etc. Who knew you had to pay to get a descent roster. More 3rd world mentality if true. Care to comment Brian?

donpizmeov
23rd Dec 2018, 12:49
Is that rumour coming out late this year? How many times does it get reused? Wonder if the one stating ATC is gonna become the boss of fly dubai, expo, DNATA (insert your favourite place here) is gonna be next?

fatbus
23rd Dec 2018, 20:04
ATC ? Trying to think who that one is ?

The Outlaw
23rd Dec 2018, 20:15
ATC ? Trying to think who that one is ?

For example: "Adel the Curt".

It fits in so so many ways.

According to Apple;

curt

adjective after a curt response to Mary's accusation, he grabbed his coat and headed for the door: terse, brusque, clipped, abrupt, blunt, short, monosyllabic, summary; snappish, snappy, sharp, tart; gruff, offhand, unceremonious, ungracious, rude, impolite, discourteous, uncivil. ANTONYMS expansive.

Now we just have to figure out who fits that description.

Kennytheking
24th Dec 2018, 04:33
For example: "Adel the Curt"

I thought you made a spelling mistake. I really need to get my mind out the gutter

The Outlaw
24th Dec 2018, 13:44
I thought you made a spelling mistake. I really need to get my mind out the gutter

I know, I know...an "r" so easily looks like an "n" I think you hit it night on the rail tho!

fatbus
25th Dec 2018, 04:51
Good one .

Airbubba
25th Dec 2018, 05:04
From simpleflying.com :

In most cases, flight attendant scheduling is done via an online portal. In some cases, staff get involved and start using their scheduling duties to their advantage.

Reports say that the scheduling department at Emirates was rife with employees selling the best routes to the highest payer instead of assigning them based on seniority.

According to these reports, recently, over half of the scheduling department was fired over these allegations.

https://simpleflying.com/rumor-emirates-flight-attendants-paying-not-to-fly/amp/

A former EK flight attendant who years later is an investment banker in Lower Manhattan claims that some girls offered more than money to get trips to see their overseas boyfriends. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you... :eek:

JAARule
26th Dec 2018, 03:15
Where've you been, Rainman, pretty much everyone knew that. It's one of those deals that's outrageous if you're not in on it and relies on exclusivity and yes some here doth protest too much lest the facts slip out. A rumour's tenacious regularity does not make it busted.

MCDU2
26th Dec 2018, 11:09
Goes on in every airline to some extent. Haven't heard of any cash exchanging hands in ours but some of the beach routes or long stops in our outfit have been known to get swapped along with additional days off or exchanging an annual leave day.

KippaLippa
26th Dec 2018, 13:43
......or maybe roster was late 'cause of some crewmembers taking their own lives.....?

​​​heard of several recently, sadly.

WwP
27th Dec 2018, 11:34
......or maybe roster was late 'cause of some crewmembers taking their own lives.....?

​​​heard of several recently, sadly.

Is that a joke ?

pilotguy1222
28th Dec 2018, 06:32
No, not a joke. One of the CC on my last flight knew one who hung themself.

This is a rumour site !

I wish people would remember that everytime someone bends some metal.

Pif Paf
21st Jan 2019, 11:50
Back to the rosters etc.
The more senior I get the worse my rosters are!
I get my one request in the top 2 bid months, but nothing else!!

Having been here almost 2 decades I am told there is "general lack of bid satisfaction", " my bids are good but the issue is the system" "with my seniority the bids should have been attainable!" These are explanations from the guys who know the system!

So for all you new joiners and potential new joiners who think the rosters will get better after a few years in EK, heads up our new SVP does not like seniority in the bid system!! He believes we should all be equal!!! No one should have any priority in the bid system!!

So as many are finding now, if your roster is sh*t when you are junior unfortunately it is not going to change in any way soon!!
Trust me this is the next issue which will make more people leave!! Already FOs are leaving!!

Also take note that seniority = loyalty to the company!! This speaks volumes about their attitude to loyalty, giving not an iota of benefit in the roster system to those of us that have shown some loyalty, sums EK up at the moment!

Spamcam
21st Jan 2019, 19:06
So as many are finding now, if your roster is sh*t when you are junior unfortunately it is not going to change in any way soon!!
Trust me this is the next issue which will make more people leave!! Already FOs are leaving!!

So true. After a short three years I realized it won’t change and and decided to call it a day. This airline is all shiny on the outside, but the inside is so toxic and it gets to you.

The constant terrible rosters, night turn after night turn and fatigue levels that were out of this world affected my quality of life so badly I had to call it a day. (That and also a few other factors not necessarily relevant o this thread.) Turned out to be one of my best decisions ever.

LHR Rain
31st Jan 2019, 10:16
So true. After a short three years I realized it won’t change and and decided to call it a day. This airline is all shiny on the outside, but the inside is so toxic and it gets to you.

The constant terrible rosters, night turn after night turn and fatigue levels that were out of this world affected my quality of life so badly I had to call it a day. (That and also a few other factors not necessarily relevant o this thread.) Turned out to be one of my best decisions ever.

Wow a South African leaving EK? Is FACT the next to leave? No he’s only been here 3 months. Give it another 6 months and he’ll have his apps out too.
No one survives this airline.

Spamcam
31st Jan 2019, 17:22
Indeed, there are actually quite a few Saffers that recently left. Even with the green mamba passport there are better deals for us out there at the moment. Some of the guys went to Europe and Australia. I even know of three guys that went back to SA...! That says a lot about the currentstate of EK

Joker11
1st Feb 2019, 18:34
Wow a South African leaving EK? Is FACT the next to leave? No he’s only been here 3 months. Give it another 6 months and he’ll have his apps out too.
No one survives this airline.

Can you believe it? They usually like DXB.

Joker11
1st Feb 2019, 18:36

Yeah. Mooi van vêr af... Maar vêr van mooi af.

Cantbebothered
2nd Feb 2019, 05:25
Safair is recruiting First officers,Captains and Training officers in South Africa. Left Dubai one year ago and now living in Cape Town and I can truly say I am happy. I do miss a decent shwarma though but perhaps I just havent found the right place here that makes it. My children are thriving here. They adapted a lot faster than me who lived 18 years in the sandpit. I really should of left earlier but I was too scared.

Pif Paf
14th Feb 2019, 06:02
According to the SVPs latest newsprint it seems now that our preference bids get little or no preferential treatment!
So look forward to only getting your 1 request in the top 2 bid months and the rest of the time.......... who knows! Wave goodbye to the vaunted 10 days off - 5 requested days followed by 5 preference days - because thats becoming a rarity!!

We all know that the system has to fulfil business criteria, but are they seriously saying the present system cannot even manage to give a few preferences each month! Maybe taking out all the company restrictions, letting the system run as it was designed unshackled by stupid additions i.e. give unlimited preferences and unlimited requests (YES this is how it was designed!) would help!

And you know what really gets me - SVP says this is how it is, he has not once said that they are looking to try to improve it! A windbag, all hot air and no action!

glofish
14th Feb 2019, 07:05
A windbag, all hot air and no action!
Agent Orange

felixthecat
14th Feb 2019, 14:57
I love that you bid for trips and don’t get them, (but get stuff you don’t want) only to find people trying to get rid of stuff you bid for but didn’t get! Then you can’t swap because of company rules.......

Sheikh Your Bootie
17th Feb 2019, 06:32
Latest rosters are absolutely abysmal, this is not a bidding system at Emirates. Totally useless and waste of time bidding. Quality of life at EK takes another step into the crapper. Such shame, as it doesn't need to be. Maybe I should manage my expectations :mad::ouch:

SyB

hulabaloome2
17th Feb 2019, 07:14
Having watched all my preference bids fail over the last 10 months it’s fair to say as far as I’m concerned the system is not fit for purpose and I’m wasting my time placing them

SOPS
17th Feb 2019, 10:10
And with AAR in control of it, this comes as a surprise?

RK Blue sky
17th Feb 2019, 11:42
. Quality of life at EK takes another step into the crapper. Such shame, as it doesn't need to be. Maybe I should manage my expectations :mad::ouch:

SyB

Maybe you should set your sights somewhere else. Like an airline that doesn’t treat its pilots like crap.

FL XXX
18th Feb 2019, 16:26
Unfortunately it’s very simple! SUPPLY & DEMAND!! If you don’t like it then there’s the door! Your replacement is a phone call away. SURPRISED?

Pif Paf
28th Apr 2019, 14:29
Still ridiculous, bid to go east get sent west, bid for turnarounds / short trips get sent on 10 day cargo flight, impossible to swap anything.
no seniority / experience / time in company benefits on preferences in rosters is ridiculous (note that seniority is a banned word)!
noticed TCT seems to have disappeared from most company comes or is that me not giving a s*it anymore!
It seems that EK is being run by dementors (ref Harry potte films) they just suck the life and soul out of you!

Joker11
10th May 2019, 03:02
It seems that EK is being run by dementors (ref Harry potte films) they just suck the life and soul out of you!

Duh. Of course they are.

Monarch Man
12th May 2019, 16:55
Merely adjust your CI to suit your level of roster satisfaction.

halas
13th May 2019, 13:18
^^^ Been my avenue of “satisfaction” for years^^^

halas

harry the cod
30th May 2019, 01:57
MM

Despite your desperate desire to rid yourself of this region, you can't quite let go can you? Nothing has changed I see, still offering your wonderful words of wisdom, dispatched with the same mix of arrogance, petulance and a heavy dose of immaturity.

Do we also detect an element of schadenfreude in your post? Anyone with half a brain would see it. Because profit share is no longer an option for you, those that remain should forgo the future potential of extra income? So, a rallying cry to the ex troops to be vindictive in fuel burn should do the trick. Well, trying to sound cool and clever on PPRune is one thing, actually behaving like a **** on the flight deck is quite another.

You obviously lack the maturity to realise that the vast majority of pilots here do their job professionally and to a high standard. Did you not see that during your tenure in EK or where you too busy teaching your techniques to the hapless and captive audience sat opposite.

Anyway, haven't you got better things to be doing with your time, such as demonstrating to those F15 pilots what an ace you are in your.....er....Hawk?

Harry

The Outlaw
30th May 2019, 02:09
Well, this ought to be good!

whatsyourbeef
30th May 2019, 02:47
Well, this ought to be good!

Right on. Where's the 'like' button?

givemewings
30th May 2019, 09:15
And it only took two weeks for that reply from WK... guess the rosters really did get worse if there's no time to Pprune from a Sandpit forum stalwart...

Another friend flew the coop this week, and another last month with no job lined up no worries unemployment is still attractive compared to the crap the rostering dish out.

Relevant point to original topic: it wasnt just crew offering "other" paymemt; there were a few chaps known to call up female crew to offer them better trips/days off for.... "payment".

They tried it on me once I told him to foxtrot oscar and yes the call was recorded since they recorded us no permission required for me to do same and would be happy to present to manager and police as necessary, especially if suddenly my rosters became even more ****.

Never heard from.him again.

JAARule
30th May 2019, 13:46
Relevant point to original topic: it wasnt just crew offering "other" paymemt; there were a few chaps known to call up female crew to offer them better trips/days off for.... "payment".

They tried it on me once I told him to foxtrot oscar and yes the call was recorded since they recorded us no permission required for me to do same and would be happy to present to manager and police as necessary, especially if suddenly my rosters became even more ****.
Yeah but it's often the crew who never get propositions that complain the loudest about such sleazy moves

4runner
31st May 2019, 01:42
I love that you bid for trips and don’t get them, (but get stuff you don’t want) only to find people trying to get rid of stuff you bid for but didn’t get! Then you can’t swap because of company rules.......

look who does all of the bureaucratic functions and mid level work in The Sandbox. Head bobble...