PDA

View Full Version : instructor rating

captainmacuk
1st Aug 2001, 01:09
Hi there,

Im wanting to find out about instructor training and to see if any of you other wanabees have completed instructor training, where abouts did you train and do you reccommend it, how much does it cost to do all the training,
Do you guys (even those not instructors) think it is best to do your instructor rating at a place such as OATS (for your C.V) or at another smaller training establishment.
What would be the scenario for JAA instructor training in the states(for jobs on return) have any of you ever thought about doing it over there?

Thanks, see ya

Cruise Alt
2nd Aug 2001, 14:55
I have just finished my FIC at White Waltham. Cost in total £6500, too 4 weeks. Beware that there is a pre course acceptance flight, the exam and the licence (£98!) to pay for on top of the course fees. All done in PA28. This I hear is the most expensive course you will find and there are others cheaper. The instructor there is pretty strict but he does get results so if you can put up with the stress it is worth it. By the way it takes 10 working days to get your licence back from CAA, I am still waiting - I thought they were supposed to promote aviation!

As for helping the career. Well I have already been offered an instructors job and heard actually being on the airfield everyday I met lots of people who have had lots of good info on where to get work and I haven't even started instructing yet. The way I llok at it is if you already have a job flying it looks more impressive to potential employers than my data entry temp job I was doing before.

If you have the cash I recommend it. Good luck and if you have any questions just ask.

Megaton
2nd Aug 2001, 16:20
Cruise Alt,

And now you've made your first mistake. The CAA regulates aviation. In contrast, the FAA regulates AND promotes aviation. I think the difference is clear.

Regards

Captain-Ireland
2nd Aug 2001, 17:54
No offence to anyone but it looks like "Here we go again.... CAA FAA CAA FAA blah blah blah blah blah"

Megaton
2nd Aug 2001, 18:09
Negative. Statement of fact. :)