PDA

View Full Version : Where transfer?

PiwiOPL
18th Dec 2018, 21:44
Hello hello.

I have a UK medical and I would like to transfer it to another state. Not sure about the brexit but it will be better.

My flight school recommend to transfer to Ireland, Austria or Poland.

Any recommendations please?

ROCCO SIFFREDI
21st Dec 2018, 06:03
Choose a country where the medical checks are "easy going". Some countries like Germany, Switzerland,Austria etc interpret the Jar-FCL requirements differently. In some countries they fail pilots for "stupid" reasons which is not a JAR-FCL requirements nor a safety hazard. This is also the problem now when the UK leaves EASA. Germany will now have the upper hand with the EASA legislation. The UK CAA doctors where the first ones to object when the german LBA wanted to introduce some stupid medical requirements, which where "old school" and unnecessary. Now when the UK is not in EASA, i am not sure what going to happen.
One more thing also. Check the costs involved with maintaining your license. Some countries in Scandinavia have super expensive fees (like 500$ for a medical check). Personally the countries I would recommend are Italy, Spain and Malta.

I also recommend you to try to get an FAA license in order to have it as a back up. The FAA has a more modern and logical view of medical requirements.

bigtete
27th Dec 2018, 13:35
Hi,

So if I hold a class 1 UK CAA (I will start my training in march), should I transfer it before in another country or I can keep this one ?

ersin737
12th Feb 2019, 17:19
I would recommend Austro Control, could be expensive but they are good authority. and if you start in March, better transfer before the start training. that s my view.